Good afternoon friends and I hope you're well on "middle day! This is the end of "Post-fest" ... I've caught up now! However, it also means I've got to return my crafting items to their various hidey-holes as my husband is due back this evening from a business trip.
This post brings with it news of this week's challenge at Incy Wincy Designs where our challenge for you this week is Metal Mania. We would like to see either some Metal added to your project, or your image could have something on it that's made from metal ... so you could use brads, pins, staples, poppers; or an image with a swing, shovel, wagon, or anything else you can think of!
We've been sponsored this week by the wonderful Gerda at The Stamp Fairy and she is offering this week's lucky winner at $10 Gift Certificate to her store! She's also kindly supplied the DT with some wonderful images to showcase, and here is my card featuring metal staples, a paperclip and a watering can on the image:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Ivory which I cut and scored to make a 15cm square card
- Design Papers - are both from the Summertime Paper Collection, which was a magazine freebie. On the floral paper, I used the largest rosette from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats as a die and embossed this shape onto the DP before cutting it out. I used a corner rounder on the polka dot paper before turning the top corner over to reveal a swatch of the floral paper which I had printed onto the reverse.
- Image - this little cutie is called Clementine Spring 3 and she has come from the pen of Gerda at The Stamp Fairy. I've brought this green fingered rabbit to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens and chalks in the following colours:
- Clementine's Fur - EB1, EB2, TN2, TN3, TN4
- Clementine's Hat - Paper Pieced with paper from Summertime Paper Collection
- Watering Can - BGR1, BGR2, BGR3
- Plant Pot - BT4, BT5, BT6
- Flowers - DR4, DR5, DR7, BG8
- Outline - GG1
- Grass - LG3, LG4, LG5
- Sky - Craf-T Chalk in Light Blue
- Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC. I superimposed the word art onto a banner shape in my word processing programme and, once it was printed and cut out, I gently distressed the edges with some Craf-T Chalk in Red before stapling it to the base DP.
- Twine - from my stash and coloured using a Spectrum Noir Pen in shade DR5
- Staples and Paperclip - are from my desk!
I hope you'll head over to Incy Wincy Designs and check out the very creative metallic projects from my team-mates, this month's Guest Designer Winnie and our very special Guests, Annette and Céline from the Stamp Fairy DT. Don't forget to come back and show us your creations which have Metal Mania! This challenge ends on Sunday 26th May 2012.
- Challenge #20 - Anything Goes with Optional Sketch at 613 Avenue Create ... I followed the sketch!
- Challenge #57 - Animals at Dream Valley Challenges
- If The Paper Fits (Paper Piecing) at Papertake Weekly
- Challenge #128 - Circles at Penny's Paper-Crafty
- May Challenge - Anything Goes at Chalk N Stock
Have a great afternoon everyone!
Hugs, Helen x