Good morning my crafty friends - hope you all had a good weekend! I would like to warmly welcome Chris, who is my newest follower - thanks for joining me and everyone else on this crafty journey.
Well you should know the drill by now ... as it's Monday morning, it's new challenge time at Incy Wincy Designs, and this week we're challenging you to make an Easel Card. We've got two awesome sponsors this week, which means (again!) there are two awesome prizes up for grabs!
Our second sponsor is Kenny and his "krew" at Kenny K Downloads, and they're offering our second lucky prize winner 4 Digital Images!
Both Heather and Kenny have very kindly supplied us with some images to showcase this week - thanks guys for helping us out this week!
Without further ado, here is my easel card featuring an image from Kenny K Downloads:
My card recipe is follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Purple which I cut, scored and folded to make a 11.5cm square easel card.
- Design Papers - come from 2 sources. The top paper and the purple mat come from a Card Companions printout from the Strawberry Kisses Papercrafting CD-Rom - these are great because you get a selection of coordinating items (on this sheet were 2 different papers, some ribbon sliders, card candy, buttons and tags) making it oh-so-easy to put a card together! I chose to pair this paper with one I downloaded from Card Making Downloads called Lilac Sparkle ... I know it's turquoise on the card! I took the paper into my word processing programme where I was able to recolour it to this gorgeous shade which contrasts beautifully with the purples don't you think? Unfortunately, I don't think this lovely paper is available any longer :o(
- Image - this girl with attitude is called Ginger Gem and she comes from the pen of Kenny Kiernan Kenny K Downloads. I brought Ginger to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours, before fussy cutting her:
- Hair - GB5, GB6, GB7, GB8
- Skin - FS2, FS3, DG4, CR4
- T-Shirt - IG1, Colourless Blender
- Jeans - LV1, LV2, LV3
- Shoes - True Black and Silver Gel Pen
- Outline - GG1
- Ribbon - is white organdie satin edged ribbon from my stash
- Sentiment - is from a set of stamps called Special Occasion Stamps which were a magazine freebie earlier this year. I have stamped the sentiment onto the tag from the Strawberry Kisses Papercrafting CD-Rom Card Companion print.
- Pearls - are from my stash and were coloured using my Spectrum Noir Pens in LV3 and BT4.
I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and look at the other gorgeous creations by the other Design Team members and Sandy, who continues as this month's Guest Designer. Then don't forget to come back and show us your Easel Cards! This challenge will end on Sunday 24th November 2013.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge 106 - Purple and Turquoise at A Gem of a Challenge
- Challenge #17 - Birthdays at Paper Creator
- Challenge #57 - Use Violet at The Squirrel and The Fox
- Simply Square at CD Sunday Challenge - I hope that entering a square Easel Card is OK; if not please feel free to delete my entry.
Have a great week!
Hugs, Helen x