This is my second post of the day - please scroll down to see my first post
Hello again friends and welcome to my second post of the day - this time it's for a new challenge at Lexi's Creations. I know our American friends are celebrating Thanksgiving, so Susan has set our challenge as being Thanks or Thanksgiving. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, you can make a card to say "Thanks" instead!
This week's sponsor is Priyanka from My Heart Pieces who is offering a prize of 3 digis to our lucky winner and the lovely Lexi from Fairy Dust Crafts has also let the DT loose in her store again!
Here is my Thank You card featuring one of Priyanka's images and one of Lexi's sentiments:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Ivory, which I cut scored and folded to make a 15cm square card
- Design Papers - are from a kit called Thanks for Giving by Summer at Summertime Designs. The bottom layer is called Cranberry Dots Paper, the next layer is called Jeweled Floral Paper and the top layer is called Torn Green Paper. I have digitally layered these papers, adding a chestnut brown border to them as a faux mat.
- Image - this carefree cutie is called Cute Freebie and she comes from the pen of Priyanka at My Heart Pieces - at the time of writing this post (Sunday night) this freebie was still available... just click the link, and please remember to let Priyanka know you came from my blog. The swinging girl was cut out using the second largest Framelits Flowers Die before being brought to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens and Craf-T Chalks in the following colours:
- Girl - GB8, GB10, FS2, FS3, GB2, GB4, GB5, TH7, TN8
- Branch, Flowers, Foliage - OR1, OR2, OR3, DG2, DG4, TN8
- Swing - BGR3, GB4, GB5
- Outline - GG1
- Background - Chalks in Burnt Sienna and Dark Green
- Sentiment - comes from the pen of Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts and is a very thoughtful way to say "Thank You" to a friend. I also added a faux mat of a chestnut brown to this before cutting it out and fixing it to my card.
I hope you'll come over to Lexi's Creations and say Thanks or celebrate Thanksgiving with us and this week's Guest Designer Silvi - this challenge ends on Saturday 23/11/2013.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
- PTT#145 - Thanksgiving / Thank You Notes at Party Time Tuesdays
- Challenge #55 - Autumn Splendor at Nutcrafters
- Midweek Papercraft Party 12 - Thank You or Thanksgiving at Handmade Harbour
- Stella Says Sketch Challenge #145 at Catch The Bug
- Challenge #36 - Friends at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge
- Challenge #93 - Feminine at Aud Sentiments
- CMM76 Thankful Tidings at Card Makin' Mamas
That's it from me today! Enjoy your Monday, and we'll catch up soon.
Hugs, Helen x