Friday 11 April 2014

Easter Blessings

Good morning friends - hope you are well! I can't believe that we're already half-way through the school Easter holidays :o( I've been having fun with my girls, and fitting in some crafting time too :o) I have scheduled this post, so I hope all goes well - had major internet connection issues yesterday afternoon ... grrrrrrr!!!!!



This is my second post as a GDT for Delicious Doodles, and it's time for a new challenge this morning. This one is nice and easy - with the Easter weekend looming, we'd like to help you get prepared and see your Easter creations!


Teri has once again allowed me a free run in her shop so that I can showcase her awesome designs ... Mr Mojo has been on an overactive spurt (again! And without consulting me ... again!!!!) and decided that he (OK, we) would like to produce a diorama card! Teri very kindly allowed me to pick 2 of her digis which I put together with another which I already have safely stashed on my hard drive, and this is the result:




My card recipe is as follows:

Top Layer:
  • Card base - is Centura Pearl in Ivory which I have cut to 23cm x 18.5cm. Along the 23cm edge,I have scored 5cm in from each end which I then folded to make a flap. In the centre of the middle panel I used the largest arch shape on my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Pro to emboss the shape, which I then cut out to reveal an arch shaped aperture.
  • Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC and this one was part of April 2012 club. I have die cut this using my fourth largest Framelits Oval Die.
Middle Layer
  • Card base - is Centura Pearl in Ivory which I have cut to 18cm x 18.5cm. The flaps on this layer are 2.5cm in from each end along the 18cm edge. Again I used my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Pro and this time embossed the smallest arch shape in the centre of the middle panel which I cut out to reveal a smaller arch shape.
  • Images - are both by Teri at Delicious Doodles and they are Daffodils and Crocus, of which I printed 2 copies (one which I flipped in my word processing package) before bringing them to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours - the shading details on Teri's images makes it really easy to know where to use a darker colour!:
    • Daffodils - GB3, GB4, GB5, JG3, JG4, BT1
    • Crocuses - HB1, HB2, Colourless Blender, GB3, JG1, JG2, BT1


Base Layer
  • Card base - is Neenah Solar White onto which I've directly printed my image, after a little bit of twiddling in my word processing package to get the placement right so that the image appears through the windows of the card! 
  • Image - is, of course, by Teri at Delicious Doodles and this one is called Gothic Church Window. This image is so reminiscent of the windows at my own church, that I have tried to recreate them here using my Spectrum Noir Pens in TN1 and TN2 to try to recreate the warmth of the stone. The sky through the window is BT1.


I hope you'll come over to the Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog and enjoy the gorgeous Easter inspiration from the Design Team and my fellow guests. Don't forget to then come back and show us your creations - you don't need to use a Delicious Doodles image to enter the challenge but if you do, you get a second entry in the draw to win 5 of Teri's images AND your work may be Spotlighted on the challenge blog! This challenge will end on Thursday 17th April 2014 at 6pm BST (UK time!)


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

I'm off to firstly give Mr Mojo a good slap (!) and then I think I need a lie down in a darkened room with a mug of tea!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs, Helen x

16 comments:

  1. Hi Hellen wow this is stunning , love the fab detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a stunning card Helen - I love that gothic window - beautiful! Big Hugs to you! rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Easter card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card. I love the arch and how you made the flowers pop. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, I love the design with the dimension and it is so beautifully done. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely traditional card Helen. Just beautiful.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, your design is amazing and the effect is stunning. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great colour combo & great flowers!!!

    Thanks for joining us at sunflowerfields designs

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card a love the design!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card! The images are gorgeous and I love the look of the wonderful design you've used for your card!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous card Helen, such a lovely traditional image and great design.
    I hope you and the family are keeping well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Helen

    Congratulations on being placed in the Crafty Boots Easter Challenge.

    Don't forget to collect your badge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x