Yup, I'm bursting into song again ... but I don't think my new title will beat the original! ;)
Good morning crafty friends and hope this post finds you fine and dandy. Well, the weather did it's usual thing for a Bank Holiday in the UK didn't it. On the plus side, Saturday and Sunday were fine and dry here so I got quite a bit of washing done and even managed to wash my car ... I won't be parking under a certain tree at the gym again! I'll leave that one to your imagination .... :oD !!!!!!!!!
Anyway, I'm a little late bringing you this post as I got carried away over the weekend (apologies) as yesterday saw the start of our new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs and this one is right up my street as we're looking for your Clean and Simple creations.
This challenge is being kindly sponsored by Rick St Dennis who is offering a prize of 2 digital images to our lucky prize winner. Rick's Zibbet shop features his cute, fashion, whimsical and unusual images ... there's bound to be at least a couple of images there to suit everyone's tastes!
Rick was kind enough to let each DT member choose an image to showcase for this challenge, so here's my card for you featuring one of Rick's images:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is a pre-made A6 card base in white card. I've embossed the card base and coloured it whilst embossing by applying my pearlescent blue Brilliance ink pad to the screen printed side of my (now retired) Sheena Festive Embossing Folder "Ornamental Snowflake" before running the card sandwich through my machine.
- Image - is Mrs Frosty Digi Stamp by Rick St Dennis which I've coloured using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours (the artist shaded areas make it really easy to colour!), before die cutting it with my largest Die'sire Essentials Rectangles die. A slick of Clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen gives a frosty feel to the scene.
- Snow - IG1, IG2, IG3
- Hat & Lacy Collar - IB1, IB2, IB3, BT9
- Rose - TN3, EB3, EB8, DG2, DG3
- Carrot - OR1, OR2
- "Arms" (Sticks) - TN3, EB3, EB8
- Sentiment - comes from a set which was included with the Winter 2014 edition of the Crafter's Inspiration Magazine which I stamped using the pearlescent blue Brilliance ink.
I hope that I have inspired you to keep it Clean and Simple and share your creations with us at Incy Wincy Designs this time. However, if you're in need of further inspiration, please head over to the blog and check out the other great projects by my teamies. We'll be back with our next challenge on Monday 16th May 2016.
Don't forget that we've still got a DT Call on - all the details are on this post. Ever wanted to join a Design Team but nervous of taking that first step? Don't worry, we are a very easy going but incredibly supportive team. Go on, drop us an email - YOU could be the very person we're looking for!
I have been inspired by and would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- I is for Ink at ABC Christmas Challenge
- Week #410 - Pick any Sketch (215-396) at Sketch Saturday - I've chosen Sketch #381
- E is for Embossing at The Alphabet Challenge
I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- #302 - Bright Christmas at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges
- Challenge 105 - Snowmen at Chrimbo Crackers - hope that a Snowlady counts ;o)!
- Challenge 423 - No Patterned Papers at Cute Card Thursday
- Weather Related Challenge at StarStampz
- Challenge #83 - Stamp or Digi Only (Christmas Themed) at The Glory of Christmas
- CHNC Challenge 279 - Anything Goes as long as it's Christmas at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge
Whatever you're up to this week, I hope you manage to squeeze in some crafty time! Take care.
Hugs, Helen x