Hello friends, and a particularly warm welcome to Carole who is my newest follower and also a fellow DT member over at All Dressed Up. I hope you enjoy my crafty ramblings Carole!
Today sees the start of our new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs and this time our challenge is All That Glitters. I love a bit of sparkle, don't you?:oD !!!!!!!
Our kind sponsor for this challenge is Mi Ran who is the artist behind ArtbyMiran, and she'll is offering the lucky winner of a prize pack.
Mi Ran was also kind enough to offer the DT a choice of digi to showcase for this challenge, so here's my card featuring one of her gorgeous images:
OK, so it's time for some "Ramblings" from Casa Mia. Earlier on this summer, the BBC screened a series by Prof. Brian Cox (yes, he who "messes with my head"!) called Forces of Nature. If you've seen the programme, I guess you'll be in step with me and know exactly how this card came to life. If not, read on .... In the very last episode of the series, Prof. Brian was explaining about the Aurora Borealis and there was a segment filmed with a British family who live in the Aurora oval in Norway. The segment showed Mum, Dad and 4 children all piling into their motor home and going Aurora chasing. When they were filmed with the Aurora Borealis light show overhead, the children's faces were just filled with absolute wonder. So, when this image popped up as one we could use for this challenge, I just had to try and create my own Aurora Borealis for you. Oh, and if you want to know more about the family in Norway, you can follow their antics on their own blog Aurora Addicts.
My card recipe is as listed, following this Bendi Fold tutorial at SplitCoast Stampers to create the card:
- Card back - is a 5½ x 4¼ inch piece of Neenah Solar Crest Card which I have coloured in a representation of the Aurora Borealis/Northern Lights following a bonus Background Tutorial with the May Monthly Class by Alyce at Kit and Clowder. The Spectrum Noir Pens I used to create this background are CG4, CG3, LY3, PP2, BP3, PL3, PL4, TB7, TB9 together with a white gel pen for the stars.
- Snowy banks - are made from a 5½ x 2½ inch and a 5½ x 1¾ inch piece of white glitter card which I had in my stash. I cut a slanted top edge to each piece, embossed one of the wavy embossing lines on my Ultimate Pro and then cut this out to make the top edges of the snow banks.
- Snowflake - is the middle sized snowflake from the Festive Wonder Snowflake Trio die set, part of Sara Davies' Signature Collection and sadly no longer available. I cut this from the same white glitter card as the snowy banks and then adhered it to my Aurora background.
- Image - is the enchanted Girl wearing Hat and Scarf by Mi Ran at ArtbyMiran. I have brought this awestuck girl to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours, before fussy cutting her out and attaching her to a snowy bank.
- Skin - FS2, FS3, FS4, TN4, FS8 (Blush)
- Hair - TN3, EB3, EB8
- Hat, Scarf & Mittens - LY3, CG3, CG4
- Top & Tights - IG1, IG2, IG3
- Skirt & Boots- TB1, TB4, TB8, TB9
- Sentiment - came from a stamp set which was a freebie with Crafter's Inspiration Magazine - Issue 8 and I've stamped this in Black Memento Ink directly onto my glitter card.
So, there you have it ... my glittery card. To check out more gorgeous glitteriness, please head over to Incy Wincy Designs and take a peek at the lovely creations by my teamies. Then come back and show us your creations that are All that Glitters. We'll be back with our next challenge on Monday 17th October 2016.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Christmas with Crafter's Companion Products at I'm a Crafter's Companion Facebook Page
- Challenge #129 - Anything Goes with the Optional Twist of "Make your own Background" at Digistamps4Joy
- Challenge #68 - Anything Goes at ArtbyMiran Challenge
- All of a Sparkle at That's Crafty Challenge
- Challenge #31 - No Patterned Paper at Make My Monday Challenge - Second Entry
- Challenge #85 - Let it Shine! at Card Mania Challenge
- October Anything Goes Challenge at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra
- Challenge #14 - Anything Goes at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge
- Challenge #07 at Classic Design Team Open Challenge
Hugs, Helen x