Good afternoon blogging buddies and I hope that this post finds you well. If's nearly the end of the Easter holidays here at Casa Mia, but I'm going to enjoy the weekend!
Over at All Dressed Up this afternoon, it's time to see how the second half of the Dressy DT have inspired everyone using the New Release Images for April. As usual, Wendy has outdone herself with some stunning digis, and here they are:
The new images are Butterfly Bunny (top left), Happy 40/50/60th (top right) - and yes you really do get all 3 images for the price of one!, Pretty in Plaits (bottom left) and Spring Walks (bottom right). The links will take you directly to the image in Wendy's Etsy shop.
I've been lucky enough to play with Spring Walks, and here is my card for your inspiration:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is Centura Pearl Ivory cardstock which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card base
- Design Papers - are from the Crafter's Companion Club Inspire October 2016 Download of the Month Times Gone By. This set of shabby chic style papers is a "card companion" meaning all you have to do is press print and affix the result to your card (ideal if you're card making in a hurry) but all 3 papers come individually in the download too, together with some sentiments and ephemera.
- Image - is Spring Walks and this girlie and her canine friends out for a walk (perhaps in the Bois de Boulogne 😉!) come from the pen of Wendy Burns, the artist behind All Dressed Up Digital Stamps. I have brought this trio to life using my Spectrum Noir Markers Pens in the listed colours, before fussy cutting them out and adding them to my card.
- Skin - FS2, FS3, FS4, TN4, FS8 (Blush)
- Hair - TN3, EB3, EB8, AP4, Silver Gel Pen
- Top - AP1, AP2, AP4
- Trousers - EB1, EB2, Blender Pen
- Sandals - EB2, EB6
- Small Dog - EB2, EB3, EB6, EB8
- Large Dog - EB1, EB2, EB6, AP4
- Flowers - AP2, AP4, CG2
- Grass - CG2, CG3
- Outline - BT1
- Flower - is made from the same Times Gone By paper as the top layer of my card companion. I have used my Die'sire Classiques Delicate Flower die and then bent all of the petals over to give a 3D effect. I have also popped a small silver gem from my stash in the centre of the flower.
Please do head over to the All Dressed Up Blog where you can see all the New Release Images showcased by the Dressy Girls. And when you've treated yourself to this image, don't forget that the Blog Challenge is running until 14th May where it is always Anything Goes with an All Dressed up Image and the Facebook Dressy Girls have their own challenge and the theme until the end of April is Feature a Creature - this image would be perfect!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Favourite Colour and Why at As You Like It Challenge - I always seem to have a large area of neutral colour on my cards at the mo, and brown/tan/beige/cream seems to be fitting the bill nicely because these neutral shades tone in well with many other colours, pink in the case of this card
- Challenge #49 - Easter/Spring at Animal Friends Challenge
- Challenge #1 - Anything Goes at Crafty Animals
- Challenge #7 - Spring is in the Air at Daisy Chain Challenges
- April Challenge - Shabby Chic or Vintage at Eclectic Ellapu
- Challenge #91 - Your Favourite Colour Combo at Sparkles Monthly Challenge - pink and brown are a classic shabby chic combo and one of my "go to" combo's when inspiration is lacking! I was helped by the card companion here in just the right shades to go with the Vintage AP colours of the girl's top
- April Showers and/or Spring at Crafty Calendar Challenge
- Use Something Digital at Di's Digi Designs Challenge - the image and my papers are digital compositions
I hope you enjoy the weekend!
Hugs, Helen x