Good morning crafty friends and hope this post finds you well. After a month's hiatus, I'm back - things got a bit hectic as usual as we approached the end of term at school and then we went to France for a camping holiday the evening we broke up (not to be recommended I can assure you!) and although most of my DT creations were made and posted on the respective DT blogs, somehow I didn't seem to get the time to post them here at Casa Mia. However, now the summer hols are here, normal service should be resumed 😄!
We'll kick things off with the new challenge over at Feeling Sketchy which starts today. This month we're being sponsored by Diane from Di's Digi Stamps. Diane is very kindly offering the lucky winner of this challenge a US$12 Voucher to spend in her store - thank you Diane!
Here is the sketch for this challenge:
And here is my take on it:
We haven't been using sponsor products for this challenge, so everything is from my stash. My card recipe is as follows:
- Base card - is a pre-made A6 card base in white
- Paper - is from the Crafter's Companion May 2015 Club Inspire download called Springtime Florals. I have used this pretty sprigged floral paper and inked the edges using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to add definition
- Topper- is also from the Springtime Florals download and again has been edge distressed using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink
- Flowers - are another part of the Springtime Florals download and I have fussy cut them before adhering them to my project
- Border - is embossed using a border embossing folder from the current (September 2017) issue of Cardmarking and Papercraft magazine. I have embossed this onto a piece of yellow Core'dinations card and then (following a raid on Papa Mia's shed ... shushhhh, don't tell him will you 😏 ) carefully sanded the raised part to reveal the white coloured core.
- Sentiment - is another border embossing folder from the September 2017 issue of Cardmarking and Papercraft magazine. I have embossed this onto a piece of Neenah cardstock and cut it into a pennant shape before very carefully going over the embossed lines with my AB2 Spectrum Noir Marker Pen
I hope that I have inspired to you to have a go with this sketch and join in the fun at Feeling Sketchy this time, however if you're need of any further inspiration please head over to the blog and check out the other wonderful creations by my clever teamies. Then come back and show us your take on our sketch - don't forget that you can flip or rotate the sketch or change the shapes ... we just need to see that you've been inspired by our sketch. We'll be back with our new challenge on 1st September.
In the meantime, I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #87 - Embossing Wet or Dry at Crafting with Dragonflies
- Challenge #5 - Flower Power at SheepSki Designs Challenge
- Challenge #53 - Pretty Pastels at Cardz 4 Galz
- Challenge #490 - Embossing at Cute Card Thursday
- Challenge 47 - F is for Flowers at Sunny Day Crafting
- Challenge 69 - Anything Goes with the option of Girly at The Crafty Addicts
- Challenge #235 - Flowers at Ooh La La Creations
- Flower Fancy Challenge at Di's Digi Challenge
I'll be back a little later with my next DT card - in the meantime, enjoy your Tuesday!
Hugs, Helen x