Saturday 3 March 2012

Flowers and Butterflies to say "Good Luck"

Hi,

I'm feeling quite excited as this card I'm showing you today is my first commission - whoo hoo! And I'm really pleased with it. It's also the first time I've made a Side Stepper card :o)!


A work colleague has asked me to make her 3 cards, and this is the first of them. It is for a lady who is moving to a new job, and the only requirement was for the card to be pink ... that box can be ticked!

My card recipe is as follows:
  • Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Fuchsia from the Crafter's Companion Brights pack
  • Design Paper - Strawberry Kisses CD Rom, also by Crafter's Companion
  • Sentiment - a freebie offered by the lovely Annette on her Blog
  • Image is called Nanny Rose and she is, unfortunately, a now retired digi from Kelley Kids, who are no longer operating. She is such a darling and to bring her to life I used my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following shades:
    • Hair - 104, 100
    • Skin - 132, 133
    • Dress & Bows - 147, 88, 86
    • Shoes - 120
    • Rose - 147, 88, 86, 48, 43
    • Outline - CG1
  • Butterflies - are one of the stamps in a  "cover freebie" stamp set from Cardmaking and Papercraft, stamped and coloured using my Spectrum Noirs in the same colours as Nanny Rose. I used a small piece of sticky pad to fix each of them to card, and then bent the wings upwards to give some definition.
  • Flowers - are recycled from the swing tags from my daughter's pyjamas, also coloured using my Spectrum Noirs (Shades 147, 88, 35, 33) and cut out.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



Hope you're having a great weekend!

Hugs, Helen x

13 comments:

  1. Helen this is such a precious card I adore it.. one of my favourite images too I always liked this one. You've coloured her beautifully.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen ... I've only got 2 Kelley Kids images - this one and Nanny Queen and I LOVE them both!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Helen, such a sweet image
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable. Thanks for joining us at Ladybug crafts Ink.
    pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Helen, this is gorgeous. I love the image and the stepper shape. Thanks so much for the mention after using my freebie sentiment. I love seeing them on other cards. Your creation is adorable and I'm sure your colleague will love it. And of course, I love pink, so it ticks that box for me too!!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, fabulous, and the fact you recycled swing tags is awesome. I've been saving tags from some jeans to play with, but haven't gotten to it yet. Love the side stepper card, I'm going to have to give it a go myself. Good luck at the Shaped card challenge at The Stamping Boutique. Congrats on your first commissioned card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love the layout and your colouring! Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic - I really want to try a step card!! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully shaped card. Such a cute image and pretty colour. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! How creative to use the images on the tags! :) Thanks for playing alog with us over at The Stamping Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Love the tags and it is such a sweet step up card...

    Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique's Challenge...

    Sandy S
    TSB DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great step card and the color palette you've used looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen this is a gorgeous card, the colour and image are so lovely.
    I am sure the recipient will love it.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x