I'm feeling quite excited as this card I'm showing you today is my first commission - whoo hoo! And I'm really pleased with it. It's also the first time I've made a Side Stepper card :o)!
A work colleague has asked me to make her 3 cards, and this is the first of them. It is for a lady who is moving to a new job, and the only requirement was for the card to be pink ... that box can be ticked!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Fuchsia from the Crafter's Companion Brights pack
- Design Paper - Strawberry Kisses CD Rom, also by Crafter's Companion
- Sentiment - a freebie offered by the lovely Annette on her Blog
- Image is called Nanny Rose and she is, unfortunately, a now retired digi from Kelley Kids, who are no longer operating. She is such a darling and to bring her to life I used my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following shades:
- Hair - 104, 100
- Skin - 132, 133
- Dress & Bows - 147, 88, 86
- Shoes - 120
- Rose - 147, 88, 86, 48, 43
- Outline - CG1
- Butterflies - are one of the stamps in a "cover freebie" stamp set from Cardmaking and Papercraft, stamped and coloured using my Spectrum Noirs in the same colours as Nanny Rose. I used a small piece of sticky pad to fix each of them to card, and then bent the wings upwards to give some definition.
- Flowers - are recycled from the swing tags from my daughter's pyjamas, also coloured using my Spectrum Noirs (Shades 147, 88, 35, 33) and cut out.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #159 - Recycle It at The Crafty Pad
- Pink and Girly at Ladybug Crafts
- Challenge 46 - Throw us Some Shapes at My Mum's Craft Shop
- Challenge #27 - Shaped Cards at The Stamping Boutique
- Anything Goes at Simon Says
Hope you're having a great weekend!
Hugs, Helen x