Well, it's the weekend again and mine has got off to a wonderful start as I found out on Friday evening that I won Marianne's Blog Candy, which is a copy of the brand new Crafter's Companion Paintbox Poppets CD! Thank you Marianne, and I'm sorry if I got a little excited when I posted my comment on your blog :o) !!!!! March is mad for birthday's in this family, so I've got another birthday card to show you:
This layout is the current sketch challenge at Sassy Cheryl's, which I've rotated through 90° to suit my image. OK, now I know what you're thinking ... I only do sketch challenges, as my Mr Froggy New Home last weekend was also a sketch! However, I like the CAS lines of this sketch and (this might be slightly controversial and I don't want to offend anyone) I think sketch challenges even things up for less experienced cardmakers like me.
My Card Recipe is as follows:
- Base card - shop bought A6 Kraft card
- Yellow Design Paper and Blue 'Ribbons' - both from the talented Summer at Summertime Designs. Summer creates digital scrapbooking kits but I love her papers which easily transfer to the cardmaking world! The blue 'ribbons' are from her brand new kit Comforts of Home and the beautiful golden yellow polka dot paper is from a kit called Golden Sunshine.
- Small piece of Design Paper - from Create With TLC (one of my most favourite places!) and is called Happy Birthday to You 7, and it was a goodie which Paulette sent out in The February Club which I subscribed to. This paper has also got some texture in the print as well as these lovely, spring-like colours.
- Sentiment - another freebie, this time by Gerda at Stamp Fairy. The sentiment is black, so I took it into my word processing package to change the colour to a turquoise blue, so that it match the blue colours on my card.
- Image is called Teenage Girl and she is a Jellypark digistamp. I don't think she's available in the store but there are plenty more gorgeous images there to tempt you though! I think I picked her up as a freebie image that Claire from Jellypark was offering at The Crafter's Cafe. To bring this relaxing teenager to life, I've used my Spectrum Noirs in the following colours (old numbering system):
- Skin - 132, 133
- Hair - 96, 91
- Jumper - 35, 33
- Leggings - 68, 65, 64
- Socks - 120, 33
- Outline - CG1
- Design finished with 3 pale blue gems from my crafty stash.
- Challenge #105 - Sketch Time at Sassy Cheryl's
- Challenge 49 - Happy Birthday at Aud Sentiments
- Challenge #100 - Anything Goes! at Craft Your Passion
- Challenge #111 - Mellow Yellow at Fab 'n' Funky
- Challenge #136 - Something Old Something New at Incy Wincy Designs (Old - Gems; New - Ribbons from Comforts of Home kit)
- Challenge #47 - Spring Colours at My Mum's Craft Shop
Hugs, Helen x