This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my later postHi,
Today is the last Monday in April and this is the final card I've made for my Guest Spot at Incy Wincy Designs. Our challenge for you this week is either Mother's Day or Girlie. Here in the UK, we celebrated Mothering Sunday in March (it's tied into Easter in the Church calendar) and I know that next year I'll never remember that I made a card for my Mother in Law :o), so I've gone with the Girlie option this week!The DT were provided with a choice of images by Floppy Latte Designs from which I chose Time for Tea and here is my card:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Snow White cut and folded to a 15cm square card.
- Design Papers - all by Summer at Summertime Designs from a set called Dryer Lint at Tiffany's. I just love the muted but still very feminine colours of the designs in this set and the turquoise swirl paper does have some texture to it - not sure you can see it in the photo though! I used the charcoal grey striped paper from the set as a mat and layer paper, but ensured that the stripes went different ways on the layers.
- Image - Time for Tea is just one of the fabulous images by Jessica that you can find in her store, Floppy Latte Designs - not only should you go over there to see her other delightful designs and get some inspiration from the gallery, but also check out Jessica's blog (link on the right of this post in my "Freebies List") because she offers goodies there too, and who doesn't like a goodie! I brought this lovely set to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Tag - from the same Summertime Designs set as my DP's and I added the sentiment with the aid of my word processing package
- Ribbon - from my stash
- Faux Stitching - done with a turquoise gel pen. This is the first time I've added stitching to a card (either faux or real) and I'd love to know what you think of it.
Don't forget to come over to Incy Wincy and see what gorgeous creations the regular DT came up and then show us your Mother's Day or Girlie cards!
It only remains for me to thank Chris and the team at Incy Wincy for having me as their Guest Designer this month ... I've had a blast girls!!!!
I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:
- Anything Goes at Aud Sentiments
- Challenge #59 - Birthdays at Ladybug Crafts (OK so I know it doesn't say Happy Birthday or any variation, but it would make a perfect "girlie" Birthday card!)
- Anything Goes at Simon Says
Hugs, Helen x