Monday 16 April 2012

My First DT Project ... !!!!!! :o)

This is my second post of the day - please scroll down to see my first post

Hi,

It is with some trepidation and much excitement that I'm writing this post. As you know, I've had a GDT spot with Craft Your Passion and I'm currently the April GDT for Incy Wincy but this is my first, proper DT Project as I've officially joined the Design Team at Lexi's Creations from today. Whoopeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Today is the start of our new challenge and we would like you to Use Your Punches and Dies. The lovely Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts has provided images for the DT to work with and here is my card:


My card recipe is as follows: 
  • Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Red. I used the largest cracker shape from the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board "Snowman Delight & Candlelight" as a die, and embossed this shape, cut it out and then folded it in half to make my card.
  • Green Design Paper - from a collection called Christmas Spirit which were available as a download in December 2010 from Crafter's Companion
  • Image - called Pengy - Free Snowballs (isn't he just adorable?) printed onto Neenah Solar White Card. I brought this little cutie to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours (old numbering system):
    • Pengy - 120, 33
    • Earmuffs - 11, CG5
    • Sign -  96, 91, 98
    • Snow - 109, WG0.5, Colourless Blender
    • Background - Light Blue Chalk
  • Sentiment - a goodie in the December 2011 Club run by the very generous Paulette of Create With TLC. Paulette puts some of the "club" items into sets in her store, so pop on over and have a look.
  • Snowflakes - punched from Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Snow White using 2 different sizes of snowflake punch. I bent the "fronds" up on each snowflake, to give a bit of dimension to my card.

I hope you'll come over to Lexi's Creations and check out the lovely "makes" from my fellow DT members (I've got links to all their blogs so hop round and share some 'blog love' too!) and then show us your creation using Your Punches and Dies - this challenge runs until 1900hrs BST on Saturday 28th April 2012.

I would like to enter this card for the following challenge:
Happy Crafting!

Hugs, Helen x

9 comments:

  1. Hello Helen. Great card. Love the shape and fun image. Lovely colours too. We are team members now, yeah.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen gorgeous card I love the Penguin he's great.
    Love the shape and all the detail.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen your card is fabulous! So looking forward to see what you cook up for the next challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love how used this image, your card is fabulous Helen and the sentiment is perfect!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Christmas card, love the shape.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome aboard, Helen. Your first official DT card is marvelous! Love the color palette and all the little punched snowflakes. Fab sentiment. I know you're going to love working with this team of ladies. :-D Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a different way to make an christmascard. It is lovely.
    Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby card, Helen, great image and card shape is just perfect for a Christmas card! Great to have you on board.... you're gonna love it!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute - thank so much for playing with craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x