Good morning friends and I hope you are well. The weather has definitely turned autumnal here ... damp and drizzly.
We're a little later than usual with this post, but it's New Release time at The Crafty Pad Designs! This time our lovely boss Debbie is giving us the chance to get set for Christmas with these two lovely images which are just perfect for those who like more traditional images for their Christmas crafting. available from the New Releases part of the store.
As well as asking the Design Team to showcase these 2 new image, Debbie has very kindly let us also showcase the three new-ish coloured bauble sets, and here is an altered candle I have made to show off the sumptous colours from the Teal and Purple set.
- Candle - small unscented block candle in white from Ikea
- Images - all from the Christmas Baubles Set - Teal and Purple by Debbie at The Crafty Pad Designs. I have used Trio of Baubles, Snowflake Border and a Merry Christmas Sentiment. I printed the images first onto some thin card before then carefully taping a piece of white tissue paper over the top of the printed image. I then put this through the printer, keeping my fingers crossed (As this is only the second time I've practiced this technique, I'm still not convinced that my printer won't gobble my "sandwich" up)
- Putting the images onto the candle - Once the images were dry, I carefully cut around them and then placed my large image of the trio of baubles onto the candle holding it in place with a piece of Greaseproof Paper. I then used my hairdryer (another example of my frugal crafting!) to heat this 'sandwich' up and make the image melt into the candle … just be very careful that you don’t burn yourself at the same time. There is a great tutorial on SplitCoast Stampers with a video showing you how to do this! I repeated this process for the snowflake border and the Merry Christmas sentiment too.
I think that small candles like these would make great gifts for Teachers or Classroom Helpers, or even as a quick Hostess Gift if you're invited to a party at short notice. This was such a quick and enjoyable 'make' I can see that I'll be doing more of these in the run up to Christmas :o)
Debbie is giving one lucky Crafty Pad-der the chance to win the new line drawn images Christmas Pine Cones and Holly and Christmas Tree Trio. For your chance to add these gorgeous images to your stash, all you have to do is head over to The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog and check out the gorgeous creations from my ever so talented DT-mates. Don't forget to leave us a comment on the New Release Post letting us know what you think of these two new images, and your name will go into the draw! For a second chance in the draw either be or become a follower of The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog, and then leave us a further comment letting us know that you're a follower! It really is that easy!!! Commenting will close at 12 noon (BST) on Monday 15th October, and we'll announce the lucky winner on Thursday 18th October. Good Luck!
I would like to enter this candle into the following challenge, with a little help from the girls at Feline Playful:
- Challenge #39 - Altered/Recycled Item at Pan Pastel UK
- Challenge #123 - Anything Goes plus a Sentiment at Sentimental Sundays
- Sunday Stamper Week 226 - Snowflakes at Ink on my Fingers - I'm hoping that digital stamps are OK ... if not, thanks for looking!
- Challenge 29 - Anything But Square at Crafty Ribbons
- Winter Holiday at Delightful Challenges
- DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge / Linky Party - Anything Goes at DL.Art
- Challenge 45 - Simplicity at Little Miss Muffet Challenges
- Challenge #152 - Black, White and a Splash of Plum at The Play Date Cafe - the black outline around the baubles is not very clear ... sorry!
Hugs, Helen x