Happy World Card Making Day to everyone, whether you dip into my blog now and then or whether you're a regular follower. And talking of followers, a very warm welcome to Lori and Yolie who are my newest followers.
When I started card making last year, I had no idea how addictive it would be. Then I started my blog just 15 short months ago and I have made so many blogging and forum friends. You all inspire me with your gorgeous creations and keep me going with your very kind and encouraging comments. Thank you to you all.
This is a card I made much earlier this year, when my youngest daughter's teacher left the school ... somehow I just hadn't got around to blogging it! However, its moment has come as Paulette at Create with TLC is running a World Card Making Day Blog Hop. There are only 2 rules: your creation must be new & not have been featured on Create with TLC and it must also contain something from Create with TLC.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory, which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Design Paper - from my Paintbox Poppets Papercrafting CD-Rom
- Image - is called Playing Teacher and is, of course, a wonderful vintage image from Paulette at Create with TLC - I think this digi was a freebie she gave away sometime in March this year. I coloured this delightful image with my Spectrum Noir Pens but I can't remember what shades I used ... sorry! I tried to echo the colours of the DP when I coloured the cushion and I'm even pretty happy with the girl's hair as it looks like I've managed to colour in some shine! :o)
- Sentiment - is also by Paulette at Create with TLC, and this one was also given away on the blog in March this year. I love the fact that there's italic writing which is written between "lines" just as young children would learn to write ... which made it perfect for a Primary School teacher!
- Ribbon - black organza from my stash.
So there you have it - my very simple (even by my standards!) card to share for World Card Making Day. I hope that it qualifies for Paulette's Blog Hop as I'm heading over there now to link it up!
I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges, with a little help from the girls at Feline Playful (thanks girls!):
- Animals Acting Like People Challenge at Di's Digi Designs
- Challenge #10 - Use a Freebie at Brown Sugar Challenge My image and sentiment are both freebies!
- Challenge 45 - Simplicity at Little Miss Muffet Challenges
- Challenge #28 - Use a Digi at Cutie Pie Challenge Second Entry
- Challenge #35 - More than 2 Colours at Deep Ocean Challenge
- Simon Says ... Celebrate World Card Making Day at Simon Says Stamp
You've still got over a day to join in the fun, and if you sign up to be a follower of Paulette's Blog today, she's sharing plenty of goodies for World Card Making Day. And given that she shares one fabulous piece of word art every day for free, as time goes on you're bound to find the perfect saying in your digi stash!
I hope you are having a great weekend.
Hugs, Helen x