This morning is very exciting for me as I am very pleased to be able to tell you the secret that I've been bursting to say for the last 2 weeks! I've been asked to join the Divas at Whoopsi Daisy, and I've said yes!!!!! So today is my first challenge, and the theme this week is For A Child.
Our lucky winner's prize is (as usual) one sheet of images from the Whoopsi Daisy Store, unless you've used a Whoopsi Daisy Image for your project in which case you can choose two sheets of images. Linnie has also kindly let the DT loose in her store to choose an image to showcase (thanks Linnie!) and here is my card for your inspiration today:
I've used a layout from Tuesday Morning Sketches for this card - I love this sketch and it's one I've used several times now. My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White onto which I embossed the largest rosette shape from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats. I folded the card to make a hinge at the side, and 2 "feet" at the bottom and then cut round the embossed shape.
- Design Papers - came from the set Blooming by Jady Day Studio and is downloadable from Sweete Shop Designs. I love the "ice cream parlour" colours in this pack!
- Image - This gorgeous little fairy is from Sheet 391 and she is just one of the gorgeous digis drawn by Linne at Whoopsi Daisy. To bring this little sweetie to life, I used my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Skin - FS2, FS3
- Hair - GB8, GB10, PP4, PP5
- Dress - GB1, GB4, PP1, PP3
- Wings - PP1, Silver Gel Pen
- Mirror - PP4,PP5, GG1
- Wand - PP5, Silver Gel Pen
- Outline - GG1
- Clouds & Shadows - Craf-T chalks in Light Blue and Grey
- Sentiment - is called Fairy Sentiment Ticket and is by Debbie from The Crafty Pad Designs. Unfotunately Debbie's online store closed earlier this month, but you can still get her digis by going to Card Making Downloads and searching for The Crafty Pad Designs. I printed the ticket onto another DP from the Blooming set before cutting it out.
- Bling - from my stash
Do come over to Whoopsi Daisy Challenge and see the other gorgeous creations the Divas have made "For a Child". Then come back and show us your creations. You've got until Sunday 3rd February to link your creations up. Don't forget if you use a Whoopsi Daisy image, then you can make any style of card or project - you don't have to follow this week's theme!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge 11 - Embossing Wet or Dry at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge
- Challenge #23 - Soft Pastel Colours at QKR Stampede
- No Squares Allowed at Pixie Dust Studio
- Challenge #36 - Something New at The Squirrel and The Fox - my new DT position and a new image and new papers!
- Challenge #201 - Winged Things at Dutch Dare - I'm chancing my luck that "fairy wings" will count!
- Anything Goes For Kids at Send A Smile 4 Kids
Hugs, Helen x