Hello friends and hope you are well ... I am struggling with the third bout of a cold virus in 5 weeks. I am sooooo not impressed! Anyway, I would like to welcome my newest followers Andrea, Christy and Kym - hope you enjoy this crafting journey that we're all on.
Monday saw the launch of the latest challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. This week we are challenging you to use Pearls and Lace.
Our sponsor this week is the wonderful Krista from Saturated Canary who will be giving this week's lucky winner a prize of 2 digis from her shop. Krista has kindy given each DT member their choice of image to showcase this week, and here is my card for your inspiration:
Wow, this card has taken me so far out of my comfort zone it has taken a long time to put it together (coupled with the fact that my head is totally fuzzy at the moment!) however, I do have to say that I'm rather pleased with the result.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Black, which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card
- Design Papers - are from the Black & White Delight Paper Pack by Debbie from The Crafty Pad Designs. Unfotunately Debbie's online store closed earlier this month, but you can still get her digis by going to Card Making Downloads and searching for The Crafty Pad Designs. The base layer is called Paper 4, onto which I've layered Paper 2 and I have used Paper 6 to make the Rolled Roses.
- Image - is called Double Take by Krista at Saturated Canary. Isn't she a total stunner? I wanted to use a very muted colour palette and try to imitate a net or tulle skirt, so I have brought this cutie to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens and chalks in the following colours:
- Hair - TN2,TN3, TN4
- Skin - FS2, FS3
- Eyes - GB8
- Lips - FS6
- Dress - IG1, IG2, IG4, Colourless Blender
- Background - Craf-T chalk in Flesh
- Sentiment - by Paulette at Create with TLC. It's called Happy Birthday Flag and I think it was a freebie on her blog in August last year.
- Rolled Roses - made using Paper 6 (from the Black & White Delight Paper Pack) and I then inserted a small pearl into the centre of each flower. This is the first time that I have made these, so do let me know what you think of them!
- Lace - from my stash
Do check out the Incy Wincy Designs blog and see the other gorgeous creations by my talented team-mates and this week's wonderful Guest Designers, Sandra and our former teamie Annette. Then come back and show us your creations featuring Pearls and Lace. You've got until Sunday 3rd February 2013 to link your creations up.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
- Challenge #2 - Becky's Bingo Grid at Inky Chicks - I claim the right hand column of Flowers, Lace and Pearls
- Something Girlie at Stampin' for the Weekend
- Fortnightly Challenge 54 - Use Ribbon or Lace at Forever Friends
- 3-2-1 at Joanna Sheen
- Challenge 94 - Lavishly Lucious Layers at Top Tip Tuesday
Hope the rest of week is good for you!
Hugs, Helen x