Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Shape Up

This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my second post


Ooops! This should have been scheduled to post, but guess which dimwit hit "save" instead of publish? Sorry folks! :o)

Good morning friends and welcome to another week. I'm sorry for the lack of posts at the beginning of last week and flurry of posts at the end. I was "hit" by mega computer problems. Hopefully it's all sorted out now, unlike the weekend weather here in the south of England ... I don't think I could have been more wet if I had gone swimming!!! :o)


Anyway, it's time to introduce this week's challenge Incy Wincy Designs. This time we are looking for your cards that aren't square or rectangular, they have to be A Shaped Card. 






This week our sponsor is the fabby team from Bugaboo Stamps, who are offering our lucky winner 7 digis of their choice. With plenty of choices from cute to hilarious (and all points in between) that's a great prize to win! The DT have been lucky enough to be able to choose a Bugaboo Digi to showcase this week (thanks Jodie and team!) and here is my card for you this week:







My card recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Black (love the sheen and slight sparkle!) which I have cut, scored and folded to make a circular side stepper card. Not quite sure of the dimensions, but my circle template was an upturned cereal bowl ... yes, I'm still frugally crafting :o) !!!!!
  • Image - is  Heels - Daisy by Bugaboo. I love the simplicity of this very girly shoe which I have brought to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:

    • Shoe - BP1, BP2, BP6, CG4, Silver Gel Pen
    • Pearls (from my stash)BP6
    • Outline - GG1
  • Sentiment - is by the lovely Annette at Netty's Cards and it is perfect as this card was for my niece's 18th Birthday. You too can get a copy of this sentiment by visiting Annette's blog. Just be sure to tell her that I sent you please!
  • Ribbon - from my stash


Do head over to the Incy Wincy Designs blog, and check out the amazing inspiration from my team-mates and this month's Guest Designer JackieThen come back and show us your Shaped Cards - you've got until Sunday 24th March 2013 to link your creations up.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:


I'll be back in a little bit with another DT card. In the meantime, have a good Monday!

Hugs, Helen x




4 comments:

  1. ooo Helen - a super card - really fabulous idea for an 18th - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, what a card! Love the shape and that shoe is just brilliant.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.....what a beautifull card, great shape! Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends , hugs Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning 18th card Helen..............love those shoes! Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge. xxGaynor LCDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!
Helen x