Hope this post finds you well and I also hope that you've had a spot of spring-like weather. We have been enjoying some glorious sunshiny days here on the south coast of the UK. I've still got another week off work, so I hope this fine spell continues!
Over at Incy Wincy Designs this morning, we're starting a new challenge - this one is a lovely challenge as it's Embossing - Wet or Dry. As usual we have a fantastic sponsor lined up for this challenge and this week it's Nikki Burnette who draws fantasy art. Nikki has been kind enough to let the DT have a selection of images to choose to design with, and here is the card I've made using one of Nikki's wonderful fairy images, Analiese:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is pre-made white card, approx 15cm square
- Mat & Layer Paper - is from a now retired Bearly Mine Designs collection called "Plain and Simple". I've used colourway 34 and I love how Donna digitally distressed the edges of the paper ... kind of gives it a worn look doesn't it.
- Embossed Layer - is made using Centura Pearl in Snow White Silver (I got mine in a bumper pack from Crafter's Companion but they don't appear to be stocking it at the mo) which I ran through my Big Shot together with an Embossalicious 6 x 6" Folder called Butterfly Love. I've added a small gem to the centre of the bow and have also cut away one part of the bow to lift it up so I could slip my image underneath.
- Image - is called Analiese and she is by Nikki Burnette. I have brought Analiese and her fluttery friend to life using my Spectrum Noir Pencils in the listed colours before die cutting her using my largest Die'sire Essentials Rectangles die and then ink distressed the edges with the lightest shade in my Papermania Capsule Collection Red Hot Ink Pad.
- Skin - 4, 5, 9
- Hair - 84, 107, 87, 99 (I'm really, really pleased with the way this looks!)
- Dress - 36, 32, 105, 117, 119, 120, Silver Gel Pen
- Wings - 61, 50, 52, 78, 80, 82, Silver Gel Pen
- Butterfly - 104, 61, 50, 52, 78, 80, 82, Silver Gel Pen
- Sentiment - is by my blogging buddy Annette and this was a freebie on her blog last year. She still has some freebies there, so if you drop by please be sure to say that you came from my blog! I also ink distressed this with the lightest shade in my Papermania Capsule Collection Red Hot Ink Pad.
I hope I've inspired you to dig out your embossing folders and boards or ink pads, embossing powders and heat guns and join in with our Embossing challenge this week - the challenge ends on Sunday 19th April 2015.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #136 - Wings at Crafty Cardmakers and More
- Spring Challenge at The Stamping Boutique
- Challenge #141 - Distress at Brown Sugar Challenge - the backing paper has been digitally distressed and I have inked distressed the edges of my image and sentiment
- Aloha Friday Challenge #45 - Fairytales/Fantasy at Kitty Bee Designs
- Challenge #132 - Include a Butterfly at Glitter n Sparkle
- Challenge #101 - Things with Wings at Deep Ocean Challenge
That's it from me for today - hope you have a good day and I'll catch you later in the week!
Hugs, Helen x