Tuesday 28 June 2011

Hi and Welcome!

Welcome to my brand new blog. As you will gather, I'm not very good with technology, but bear with me ... I may get better!
I wanted to show you a card that I'm entering into a couple of blog challenges:
I made this card using a Centura Pearl in cream folded to A5. I then cut two squares from burgundy flocked butterfly paper (an Anna Griffin paper that I bought from Hobbycraft) and layered these onto my card. I used a strip of black organdie ribbon (also from Hobbycraft) to go horizontally across the card underneath the topper. I sized the topper (this lovely picture of a lady from times gone by on the beach, which I downloaded from The Graphics Fairy) to suit the card size and the butterfly 'patches' and then printed this onto cream 160gsm card. Having cut the topper out, I then mounted it over the ribbon and patches. I finished the card by making a bow from the black organdie ribbon bow (and added it to the top of the picture) and used a silver peel off sentiment, adding a silver 'squiggle' underneath it.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
  • June Monthly Challenge "Vintage" on Card Making World
  • Challenge 13 "Here Comes Summer" on Crafter's Companion
Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi and welcome to blogland, looking forward to seeing more of your lovely creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last another blogger !!

    Lovely card hun

    And why on earth would be laugh, we all started on our blogs the same way .. you will find your way around ...

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x