Friday 29 July 2011

Card Sketch Challenge card

Hi again ... post number 2 of the day! Told you I'd been busy this week - lol! :)



This is another card that I made to give to someone at school. My eldest probably has Autistic Spectrum Disorder (but we're not sure at what level as we're still awaiting an assessment - long story) and since she started at secondary school last September, she has been supported by a Pupil Support Officer, who has helped eldest greatly! This card came about because I had a DigiStamp which I was desperate to use, I wanted to try a different card shape/technique and then realised that I could put these together and use it for a Website Sketch Challenge!

I started off by printing the "Lilac Sparkle" backing paper onto 290gsm white card, which I then cut and folded into a 4" square gatefold design, using my Ultimate Pro from Crafter's Companion. To make the central layered shape, I used my Ultimate Pro with the additional embossing board "Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats" which has a 'nest' of 6 circular designs. I realised that 2 of these would fit my small card perfectly, so set about resizing the Mannequin digital stamp to fit the smaller circle that I'd chosen and printed this onto 100gsm white paper using a light coloured backing paper from the set "Purple Heaven". I used a darker solid colour from the same backing paper set for the wavy octagonal shape. Once these shapes were embossed, I cut them out and matted and layered them together. These were mounted onto the card using double sided sticky tape.

I didn't want to make the rest of the card too fussy, so I just used a small floral stamp for the corners of the card, and mounted a small bit of "Bling" in the centre of each large flower.

The printables (DigiStamp and Backing Papers) were all downloads from Card Making Downloads. The floral stamp and "Bling" came from Hobbycraft. The card and paper came from my stash. The card sketch stipulated that a ribbon should go horizontally across the middle of the card. However, I must confess to completely forgetting to put a ribbon across my card, and it has now gone to it's recipient! However, I do think it may have made the card too "busy" anyway as it is only a small card!

I would like to enter this card for the Monthly Challenge at Card Making World.

Hope you like it!


It's now 7/9/2011 and I've just found out that this card was one of the runner up entries for the Monthly Challenge I entered - whoop whoop whoop!!!! :0) So I've done the very proud thing and made myself a 'button' for my side-bar.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my Craftchaos Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, been some time since I did a gatefold card, you reminded me of them xxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x