Tuesday 29 November 2011

CDAC Progressive Challenge #7 - What's Cooking?

Hi,

I'd stumbled across the Crafter's Digital Art Center Progressive Challenge a couple of months ago. I though I'd challenge myself to make cards to meet a given purpose, rather than purely making cards because I need them for an occasion. The first challenge in the current series is underway, and you have until 30th November to get your entry in. This is mine:


My base card is 300gsm Centura Pearl card from Crafter's Companion in Red which I have folded into a Joy Fold Card, or J-Card. I just love the Centura Pearl for its sheen (even under an electric light source) and its pure luxury! I used Beate's tutorial on Split Coast Stampers to make my card - it was really easy to follow. I used my Boxer Board to go with my Ultimate Pro (Crafter's Companion) so I could measure, score and fold in inches, and I managed to produce the card in next to no time! I'll certainly be using this fold again.

The apple digi-stamp is part of the challenge, and was donated to the challenge by Heart Songs Designs. I coloured this lovely image with my Spectrum Noirs from Crafter's Companion in the following colours:
Pips - 96, 91
Stalk - 92
Flesh - 175 mixed with 0 (colourless blender)
Skin - 11, 43
Leaf - 48, 43
Outline - WG1


I completed my card by adding word art (made into a designer paper) and a backing paper from Create with TLC. Both the apples word montage (which I recoloured in olive green to tie in with my card) and the apple design paper were freebies from the wonderfully talented and exceedingly generous Paulette.

I have deliberately chosen to leave a sentiment off this card at the moment ... as I have no idea who the recipient will be and why! :o) However, when I do add this, it will be in the form of a small circular element which I will use to slide the top card under so the whole thing stays shut.

If you want to join in with this challenge, just head over to the Crafter's Digital Art Center, join the Progressive Challenge Group and you can pick up your free images too.
I hope you like this card, which I would like to enter for the following challenge:
Hugs, Helen x

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card you made for the challenge! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Love the paper you used! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    HUGS!!
    Kim
    CDAC Progressive Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card Helen. And I really like that it is - although an apple is such an everyday item - a more unusual image for crafters. It is nice to see something different.

    Take care, Heike xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x