Sunday 13 May 2012

Sew Nice ... a GDT spot at The Crafty Pad

Hi,

I'm thrilled to have been asked by Leesa to GDT with the Team A Girls this month at The Crafty Pad. Today is my first card with them and the challenge is Doodle It! Add some doodling, faux stitching, anything you like ... just take a pen to your creation somewhere.

We're being sponsored this week by the lovely team at MeiFlower who are offering this week's lucky winner a £20 voucher to spend in their online store!!!!! Do hop over and take a look - from ribbons to cord, brads to charms there's something there for everyone.

So, without further ado, here is my inspiration for you using images by Debbie who owns The Crafty Pad Store:


My card recipe is as follows:
  • Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Ivory cut and folded to make a side stepper card. This is only the second time I've made this style of card, and I'm feeling quite pleased as I worked out all the proportions by myself!
  • Design Papers and tag - all by Summer at Summertime Designs from a set called called Angel Mother
  • Images - Dressform Trio is by Debbie from The Crafty Pad Store and these is just one set of wonderful images that you can find at her store. For the first time I've had real digital "play" and layered these images onto the tag, and I'm really pleased with the overall result. I love these Dressforms ... very feminine even though they're silhouettes.
  • Ribbon Slider - made with a scan of my tape measure (thrifty crafting goes on here!) and the Sentiment Ticket Perfect Fit is also from The Crafty Pad Store
  • Faux Stitching - using a black gel pen I did "running stitch" around my mat and layer DPs and "zig-zag stitching" along my tape measure where it is on top of the DPs.
  • Die Cut - came from a magazine and the bow is made with some white waxed linen thread, continuing the theme of sewing and threads.
I hope you like this very girlie (and crafty) card as much as I do! Don't forget to head over to The Crafty Pad and check out how the regular DT girls have "Doodled" on their cards, and then show us your pen skills on your creations!

Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Helen x

7 comments:

  1. this is lovely! xxx
    I love these images too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card Helen, I love the way you have layered the images and your papers are so pretty.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad as Guest Designer this week.
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen this is so pretty! Love the images and how you have tied it in with the tape measure! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, love the image.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,what a fabulous card. Love the tape at the bottom, fab idea!Beautifully put together in colours and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen I love this card the images are gorgeous and the tape measure is great so effective.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finallt got here! I love this Helen, great to work with you at The Crafty Pad!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x