This is my second post of the day - please scroll down to see my first post
This is my second card for Incy Wincy Designs this morning. I've done them on separate posts as I'm not sure about putting 2 cards on one post and then entering them into different challenges! Just as a reminder, this week's challenge topic is Butterflies and Bows.
We have got 2 totally amazing sponsors for you this week ... just a shame I can't enter our own competition!
First, we're welcoming Heather Valentin from Lacy Sunshine Stamps . This is Heather's first time sponsoring one of our challenges, and she is offering one lucky winner a $20 Gift Certificate to her store. And with sooooo many gorgeous images to choose from, I can guarantee that you'll be spoilt for choice. Heather also has a retiring section with a number of her digital images priced at just $1, so there is no excuse for not topping up your stash!
Our second sponsor is perennial favourite, Krista from Saturated Canary who is offering our second lucky winner 2 digital images from her store.
Both of our lovely sponsors very kindly offered the DT their choice of image to use this week. However a number of my teamies, like me, had sooooooooo much trouble choosing between Heather's images and Krista's images that we had to do one of each!
So for this card, I'm showcasing one of Heather's delightful designs:
I have made a Flap Card (a new fold for me, but very simple to do by following this tutorial at SplitCoast Stampers), using a palette of colour inspiration from Design Seeds - thanks to the team at Jellypark Challenges for a wonderful challenge this week, as this gorgeous colour scheme was at the top when I popped over to Design Seeds to take a look!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Teal which I cut according to the dimensions in the tutorial I then used the largest rosette on my Ultimate Pro Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats to shape the flap. The rest of the card was re-cut, scored and folded as per the tutorial.
- Image - this gorgeous and chilling out girl is called Jillian and she has been designed by artist Heather at Lacy Sunshine Stamps. Unfortunately, I can't give you a link to Jillian as I can't find her in Heather's online store anymore :o( ... and I'm sure I didn't choose her from the Retiring section. Having carefully superimposed Jillian onto an oval shape and cut her out using the 'out of the box' technique, I brought her to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Skin - FS2, FS3
- Lips - DR1
- Eye - GT2
- Hair - EB5, EB8
- Top - DR3, DR4, DR5, Silver Gel Pen
- Yoga Pants - IG1, IG2, IG3
- Pumps - DR5
- Outline - GG1
- Sentiment - is another goodie from one of my favourite designers, Paulette at Create with TLC. I've taken the rather appropriate sentiment into my word processing package and changed the colour of it so that it tones in with the rest of the card. Once printed out, I cut the sentiment strip into a banner shape.
- Butterflies - are by Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts and the image is called DIY Butterfly. They were perfect for this challenge as I resized them to make them quite small and then paper pieced them using the "Cranberry Dots" paper from the Summertime Designs kit Thanks for Giving. I finished the butterflies off by dotting my Silver Gel Pen for their abdomens.
- Ribbon - is a satin edged, organdie ribbon from my stash which I attached to the top flap of the card (under the image) and tied at the bottom of the card to keep the flap shut.
So, after two posts from me (!) I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs to check out the other gorgeous creations by my team mates and our Guest Designer for June Linda. Don't forget to then come back and show us your creations featuring Butterflies and Bows. This challenge ends on Sunday 16th June 2013.
- Color Inspired Challenge at Jellypark Challenges - I've been inspired by the Cocktail Color Palette as shown on the right
- Challenge #185 - Magenta, Teal, Light Gray at The Play Date Cafe
- Challenge #10 - Anniversary Anything Goes at Lacy Sunshine Challenge
That's it from me for the moment - hope you have a great day!
Hugs, Helen x