Hello there blogging buddies - hope you're all having a wonderful St. Valentine's Day!
Thank you to all of you who sent good wishes after my last post. After 2 meetings with school and a whole bundle of stuff for the year head to follow up, he had very strong words with the boy who was causing such distress to eldest bambino. I'm pleased to be able to say that matters have died down enough for us to have our happy and cheeky bambino back. I won't say they've stopped, as he still thought it was OK to have "a pop" at her yesterday ... grrrrrrrr! I'm sure you'll understand that I've put a lot of time into preparing our case for these meetings, so crafting took a back seat for a week or so.
But my fingers have been itching to craft, and I'd like to share a little card that I whipped up today for youngest bambino to give to one of her best friends, who is having her 13th Birthday Party (dinner out) this evening. The only stipulation that I had to work to was that the card was purple ... think I managed that one then!!! :o)
I'm resisting the temptation to call this one stinkin' cute, but she is pretty gorgeous don't you think?
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is a 27cm x 9cm piece of Centura Pearl - Snow White, scored and folded to make (when fully closed) a 9x9cm diamond fold card.
- Design Papers - are from the Sugar and Spice Papercraft CD-Rom Collection by Crafter's Companion.
- Image - this gorgeous girl is called #552 - Penny Framed, although I've fussy cut her rather than leaving her in the frame, hence why one of her hair buns is a strange shape ;o) She has been created by Megan Suarez at Dilly Beans Stamps. I brought Penny to life courtesy of my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Face - FS2, FS3, FS6, LV1, BT4, BT5
- Hair - TN2, TN3, TN4, TN5, TN7, TN8, OR1
- Top - LV1, LV2, LV3
- Heart - LV2, LV3
- Outline - BT2
- Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC. Because I had re-sized and cropped the papers in my word processing programme, I was able to superimpose the sentiment onto the right piece of DP and also to recolour it to purple, so it tied in with the main colour of the card.
- 3D Paper Bow - is also from the Sugar and Spice Papercraft CD-Rom Collection and again, I took this into my word processing package to resize it to suit my card.
I was struggling to know what colours to put together, and I remembered that this was covered by Leann in the Crafter's Inspiration Issue 4 magazine. Using the colour wheel, I worked out that I could have purple, blue/green and orange together, so I chose purple and turquoise papers, and then the card an orange highlight with the bow. I'm also pretty pleased with how her hair turned out too. Youngest bambino was exceedingly chuffed with my efforts.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #248 - Always Anything Goes at Craft Your Passion Challenges
- Challenge #131 - Anything Goes! at Addicted to Stamps and More
- Challenge 25 - Anything Goes at artbymiran challenge
- Hearts at The Stamping Boutique Challenge - there's one heart hanging from her hair and also my DP has candy hearts on it ... hope this counts!
- Hearts and/or Arrows at Seize the Birthday
- Challenge 67 - Anything Goes with a Twist ... add a bow at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge
We're just starting our half term (hooray!), and as we've got quite a few birthdays coming up I will be trying to craft every day. Whatever you're up to for the rest of this weekend, I hope you have a nice time.
Hugs, Helen x