Saturday 14 February 2015

So Cute!

Hello there blogging buddies - hope you're all having a wonderful St. Valentine's Day! 


Thank you to all of you who sent good wishes after my last post. After 2 meetings with school and a whole bundle of stuff for the year head to follow up, he had very strong words with the boy who was causing such distress to eldest bambino. I'm pleased to be able to say that matters have died down enough for us to have our happy and cheeky bambino back. I won't say they've stopped, as he still thought it was OK to have "a pop" at her yesterday ... grrrrrrrr!  I'm sure you'll understand that I've put a lot of time into preparing our case for these meetings, so crafting took a back seat for a week or so.


But my fingers have been itching to craft, and I'd like to share a little card that I whipped up today for youngest bambino to give to one of her best friends, who is having her 13th Birthday Party (dinner out) this evening. The only stipulation that I had to work to was that the card was purple ... think I managed that one then!!! :o)



I'm resisting the temptation to call this one stinkin' cute, but she is pretty gorgeous don't you think?


My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card Base - is a 27cm x 9cm piece of Centura Pearl - Snow White, scored and folded to make (when fully closed) a 9x9cm diamond fold card.
  • Design Papers - are from the Sugar and Spice Papercraft CD-Rom Collection by Crafter's Companion
  • Image - this gorgeous girl is called #552 - Penny Framed, although I've fussy cut her rather than leaving her in the frame, hence why one of her hair buns is a strange shape ;o) She has been created by Megan Suarez at Dilly Beans Stamps. I brought Penny to life courtesy of my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Face - FS2, FS3, FS6, LV1, BT4, BT5
    • Hair - TN2, TN3, TN4, TN5, TN7, TN8, OR1
    • Top - LV1, LV2, LV3
    • Heart - LV2, LV3
    • Outline - BT2
  • Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC. Because I had re-sized and cropped the papers in my word processing programme, I was able to superimpose the sentiment onto the right piece of DP and also to recolour it to purple, so it tied in with the main colour of the card.
  • 3D Paper Bow - is also from the Sugar and Spice Papercraft CD-Rom Collection and again, I took this into my word processing package to resize it to suit my card. 

I was struggling to know what colours to put together, and I remembered that this was covered by Leann in the Crafter's Inspiration Issue 4 magazine. Using the colour wheel, I worked out that I could have purple, blue/green and orange together, so I chose purple and turquoise papers, and then the card an orange highlight with the bow. I'm also pretty pleased with how her hair turned out too. Youngest bambino was exceedingly chuffed with my efforts.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

We're just starting our half term (hooray!), and as we've got quite a few birthdays coming up I will be trying to craft every day. Whatever you're up to for the rest of this weekend, I hope you have a nice time.


Hugs, Helen x



16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen lovely sweet image and design. hope you are keeping well hun.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up after my hol. Really cute card, great shape. Sorry to hear about the trouble at school but hope it is sorted now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES IT COUNTS! LOL This is so darn stinking cute, and I love your colors. Good luck and thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...lovely colors! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Helen what a cute image. Hope things settle down for your daughter I really can't understand the need to bully others!!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun type of fold and wonderfully coloured image!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope things are sorted quickly Helen. Your card is lovely. I love the fold.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, and what a fun folding card! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely design, super fold, great paers and image, lovely!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a darling image and creative fold on this card! Beautiful coloring, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!
    I hope all goes well for your daughter from here on out...I feel for her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun fold and super cute image :) Thank you so much for taking the time out to share a little love with us gals at Addicted to Stamps and More...! Hope you will join us again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I certainly feel for you with the bullying situation. Its a horrible thing to watch your child crumble with the effects of another. We have had similar problems with my daughter. She has been hurt by so many other girls, she finds it very hard to make friends and is extremely sensitive. She is about to turn 10yrs next week and I worry about the teenage years. One day at a time..... I'm so glad you were able to do some crafting and it was very worth it. This is stunning and love that soft lilac colour. I bet the 13yr old receiving yet will cherish it for quite a while. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM this week and really hope you have a chance to visit us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 67 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Thanks for joining in the fun at ABM challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Helen, Fabulous shape card and adorable image. Enjoying my visit as your new Follower and Crafting Friend. Found you through Spectrum Noir Connoisseurs FB. Big Texas Hugs, Antoinette

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x