Good morning fellow crafters - hope you are well this morning and are having a nice weekend.
I'm scheduling this post as right now I am leading my Church's Sunday School group, so I'm hoping Mr Blogger behaves!
I'm super excited this morning as 2 weeks ago, I was chosen by the lovely Audrey to be the Guest Designer for the new challenge at Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog!!!!
This week's challenge is "Wild about You" and we would like to see your creations featuring either animals or animal prints ... or you could go the whole hog (ooops, sorry for the pun!) and include both on your project. If your image doesn't include an animal, then you must use papers or embellishments which have an animal print on them please.
Heather has given me free run in her store to choose an image to showcase for this challenge, so here is my inspiration for you featuring one of Heather's oh-so-sweet images:
As soon as I saw this image, I knew that I had to use it as youngest Bambino is absolutely MAD about unicorns. Luckily one of her favourite clothes stores is featuring unicorns this season, so she's a very happy person. I'll be putting this card away safely for her Birthday in October and hoping that a) I remember where that safe place is and b) that she doesn't stumble across either this post or the card in the meantime!
Anyway, my card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is Centura Pearl in Ivory which is cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card
- Papers - come from a set called Garden Party by Janet Scott at Pixel Scrapper Digital Scrapbooking. I've used the Yellow Butterflies and Solid Orange papers, and then added the green lace border from the same set. I've digitally put these papers together, including cropping the orange paper with a diagonal and tilting the lacy border.
- Image - of course comes from the pen of Heather Valentin at Lacy Sunshine Stamps and is called Rory's Magical Ride. I die cut Rory and her Unicorn using my largest Sizzix Framelits Fancy Label Die before bringing them both to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours:
- Skin - FS2, FS3, CR4
- Hair - OR1, OR2, OR3
- Dress & Hair Bow - CG1, CG2, CG3
- Shoes - OR1, OR2, OR3
- Mane & Tail - GT1, GT2, GT3, PL2, PL3, Bling, White Glitter
- Body - PL1, PL2, PL3, Blender
- Hooves - PL1, PL2, White Glitter
- Flowers - were made using the Purple Solid paper from the Garden Party set, and I then die cut 2 different sizes of flowers using my Die'sire Essentials Flowers for All Occasions set. I bent the petals slightly before adding some bling (from my stash) to the centre of each flower
- Sentiments - are both by Paulette at Create with TLC and have both been cut using one of my Die'sire Essentials Just the Ticket dies. The Happy Birthday sentiment is a past freebie from Paulette's blog, and the Unicorn sentiment is part of the Life is Short set. I've cut off part of the sentiment as I just wanted the bit that said "believe in unicorns" - hope you don't mind Paulette?
- Bling and Glitter - from my stash
I just want to say "Thank You!" to the Lacy Sunshine Girls for having me as your GDT this time, and don't forget to come over to the blog to see their wonderful makes and then show us your creations which are "Wild about You"!
I have been inspired by and would like to enter the following challenges:
I would also like enter the following challenges:
- June Challenge - Add Some Sparkle or Bling at Spectrum Noir Facebook Group
- Challenge #376 - Summer Colours at Cute Card Thursday
- For The Girls Challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids
- HIMCR #202 - Summer Colors at Hiding in my Craft Room
- JUGS #296 - Word Week - Summer at Just us Girls
- Challenge #9 - Anything Goes with a Twist of Fantasy at SLSlines Challenge
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Hugs, Helen x