Tuesday 14 July 2015

#happybirthday #selfie

I don't tweet (or do "witter" as it's called in our house) but this cutie simply required a "hash tag" or two, so I'm hoping I've written them correctly!


Good afternoon friends and hope you're all well. 


It's new challenge time at Incy Wincy Designs and this week our challenge is entitled Doodle What? Now, before you head off into a blind panic ('cos I've already done that, tee hee!!!!!) all we want to see on your entries is that you've hand drawn something.



Our sponsor this week is the lovely Emma Canning who is the creator of Flat Friends, where everything has been been hand made by Emma with love. Emma is very kindly offering this week's Random Winner's prize, and she also generously gave each DT member their own choice of image to showcase. 


So without further ado, here is my card for you this week featuring one of Emma's cute images:




I've kept this card very clean and simple as it was for eldest Bambino, who just doesn't "do" frills and frippery but does "do" selfies and online social networking .... so this image was perfect!


My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card base - is a premade 14.8cm square base in white
  • Design Paper - comes from the Sugar and Spice Papercraft CD-Rom
  • Image - of course comes from the hand of Emma at Flat Friends, and this image is called Girl Selfie. I brought her to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours before die cutting her using one of my Sizzix Framelits Ovals dies using the "out of the box" technique. I finished the image off by hand drawing a border around the die cut edge using a silver gel pen.
    • Skin - FS2, FS3, FS6, CR7
    • Hair - TN1, TN2, TN3, TN7 (for once I'm actually pretty happy with this!)
    • Phone - HB1, HB2
    • Jumper - IB1, IB2, IB3
  • Sentiments - are 2 smaller Sizzix Framelits Ovals die cuts onto which I've handwritten my "hash tag" sentiments and drawn a border around the edges using my silver gel pen
  • Twine - from my stash which I wrapped around the paper panel twice, and then used another length to fix my sentiment tags



I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and marvel at the doodling talents of my wonderful team-mates. Then share and show us your creations which feature Doodle What? - this challenge will finish on Sunday 19th July 2015.


Hope you enjoy the rest of the day!


Hugs, Helen x

2 comments:

  1. super card Helen! sent your candy off yesterday - hope it gets there soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Helen love the image and papers.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x