Tuesday 12 April 2016

A Golden Time!

Hello all!


Hope you've had a good start to the week. Yesterday was "back to school" day for us at Casa Mia - not too many poorly peeps for the first day back, so I managed to get some admin bits and bobs tied up! 


Although I made this card last month, somehow I just didn't get around to blogging it and as a few challenges have popped up in my blogger feed I thought now would be a great time to air this beauty!


A good friend asked me to make a card celebrating her parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary, and gave me free rein to do what I wanted .... eeeeeek!!!!!!!! This was the result ... a double gatefold card:




My card recipe is as follows:

  • Images - are from freebie stamp set which came with a Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine some time ago. I've stamped these onto Neenah Solar White cardstock using VersaMark Ink and then given them a liberal coating of gold embossing powder which I then heated. Once dry and cool, I fussy cut around the images and attached them to the front panels of my card with foam pads.


















  • Sentiment - is another stamp from the Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine set, which I've stamped directly onto the rear panel using gold ink
  • Ribbon - is from my stash and I've attached this to the outside of the rear panel of the card, and then threaded it behind the stem of the champagne flute so that it stays in place when the card is open.

Sorry this post is very "photo heavy", but I wanted to show you all the golden elements that went into this card ;o)!


I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:

That's it from me for today. I've got a few errands to run now, and then I might get to "play" a little later on. Whatever you're up to today, I hope you get some crafty time.

Hugs, 
Helen x

6 comments:

  1. this is so pretty Helen - really lovely - I just know this is going to be loved! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they loved it.
    Thank you for entering our Shaped card challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, love it!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very elegant creation - Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab make. Love the gold embossing and the shape of the card. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Embossing Challenge (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card ! Very elegant ! Thanks for playing along at Sasayaki Glitter !

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x