Good evening crafty friends and I do hope that this post finds you well.
Here at Casa Mia, we're a little over half way through our half term holiday. You see, even though I've left a school based job, our team works so closely with schools that we don't work at full strength through the holidays. So I'm lucky enough to still have the school holiday off!
It's new challenge time at All Dressed Up challenges and it's everyone's favourite which is Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image. Not got any All Dressed Up images? Wendy has plenty of gorgeous images available in the All Dressed Up Etsy Store and has also very generously provided some freebies here - please send your friends over to ADU for the freebies though, to make sure they're available for other crafters to share!
I'm definitely dreaming of warmer (and drier 😉!) days, so I have teamed this very summery image with the current Sketch Saturday sketch for my inspiration card:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is Snow White Centura Pearl which I have cut, scored and folded to make an A6 size card base
- Design Papers - are all fromthe brand new Vintage Tea Party Signature Collection by Sara Davis available on the CD-Rom in Crafter's Inspiration Magazine - Issue 17 (Spring 2018). I have used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink on the edges of my papers, just to make them "pop" a bit! This also gives a defined edge which means the papers don't need to be matted and layered which cuts down on weight, and postage costs!
- Image - is Dreaming of Summer by Wendy at All Dressed Up and I have brought this cutie to life using a mixture of Copics and Spectrum Noir markers before die cutting into 2 corners using my Scattered Butterflies die which was another goodie from the current Crafter's Inspiration Magazine. Two of the butterflies are "cut in" which means that that their wings are 3D - I have bent these wings back up, and also given them a slick of Picked Raspberry Distress Ink plus a bit of bling!
- Skin - Copics in E00, E21, E11, E04, R20 (Blush)
- Hair - TN3, EB3, EB8
- Dress - PV1, PV2, PV4
- Sprigs of Greenery - CG3
- Butterflies and Bees - EB1, PV2, PV4
- Flowers - DG1, PV1
- Sentiment - is from one my favourite sets, Swirly String Sentiments by Lili of the Valley. Mine are clear stamps, so I inked it up with the Picked Raspberry Distress Ink before stamping it direct onto my image panel.
I hope I have inspired you to come over to All Dressed Up and play along with this challenge. If you're in need of further inspiration please head over to the blog and check out the other gorgeous creations by my Dressy Teamies and this month's Guest Dressy Girl Helene. Then come back and show us your Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image. Don't forget that for more chances to win some of Wendy's gorgeous images, our Facebook Dressy Teamies have their own challenge running until the end of February and their theme this month is Red / Romance / Hearts.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Week #500 - Special Celebration at Sketch Saturday
- Challenge #268 - Girl Power at The Crazy Challenge
- Challenge #22 at The Classic Design Team Open Challenge
- February Challenge with Optional Theme of "Cute or Die" at Oddball Stamps - I've used a border die to cut butterflies on my image panel and I think this girly is pretty stinkin' cute!!!! 😊
- Challenge #70 - Girly at Stemplegarten Challenge
- Challenge #17 - Things with Wings at Sweet Stampers Challenge
- Challenge #2 - Anything Goes with the Option to Share your Favourite Distress Ink Technique at Crafter's Castle - Definitely using a foam make up sponge to ink distress my papers edges is my favourite way of using DI. Oh, and also using them to stamp sentiments, because the colours match perfectly!
- February Challenge - 2 or more Layers at Crafty Calendar Challenge
That's it from me for today - I'm off to enjoy a bowl of chowder and a sit down to catch up on all the action from the Winter Olympics! Hope you have a lovely evening.
Hugs, Helen x