This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my later post!
Good morning my crafty friends!
Firstly ... I've got some very exciting news to share with you. Over the summer, Chris at Incy Wincy Designs invited me to join their Design Team. I had such a blast with the girls there when I was their GDT in April, that of course I said yes. So this is my very first proper post with them!!!
Our challenge for you this week is Back to School, which is quite appropriate for me as today is my first day back at work (I work at my local High School) after the summer holidays.
Digital Delights and they are offering this week's lucky winner a $5 USD Gift Voucher - thank you to them!
The DT have been given a couple of images to work with, and this is what I've made to share with you today:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - tubes of varying height made from an empty kitchen paper towel roll
- Design Papers - are called Brown and Red Dots Paper, Red Floral Paper and Stripes Paper, all from the kit "Apples and Almonds" by Summer at Summertime Designs. I cut these to size, with a 2cm border top and bottom which I scored and then wrapped the paper around each tube, tucking the scored portion into the top and bottom of the tubes to get a neat finish. I used double sided sticky tape to fix the edge of the paper to itself. I also used double sided sticky tape to fix my tubes together.
- Image - This little cutie is called Bookyworm and you can get your copy from Digital Delights by clicking here. I have brought him to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Worm - EB1, EB2, TN2, Colourless Blender
- Book - CR10, CR11, Colourless Blender
- Outline - IG1
- Ribbon - uses Ribbon 2 from the "Apples and Almonds" kit (Summertime Designs). Using my word processing programme, I cropped the ribbon to remove the lacy edge before layering a text box over the top of the ribbon into which I typed "Pens". I centralised this onto the ribbon before printing it, cutting it out and wrapping it around the top pot.
Head on over to Incy Wincy Designs and see what Back to School creations my creative team-mates have made, and then come back and share your creation with us! You've got until Sunday 9th September 2012 to link your cards up.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges, with a little bit of help from the girls at Feline Playful:
- Challenge #49 - Back to School at Digistamps 4 Joy
- CFC68 - Top of the Class at CAS-ual Fridays
- Challenge 70 - Back to School at Fussy and Fancy
- Challenge #105 - Back to School at 4 Crafty Chicks
- Challenge 87 - Back to School at Do You Stack Up
- The Bell is Ringing (Back to School) at Pixie Dust Studio
- Challenge #139 - Back To School at Stampin' Royalty
- Let's Go Back to School at Just Some Lines
Whatever you're doing this week, have fun!
Hugs, Helen x
Hugs, Helen x