Tuesday 25 September 2012

Dawn's Special Challenge - Final week

Ooops - I wrote this post late last night and forgot to hit the publish button! So I'm very sorry but this post is landing slightly later than it should be :o)

Good morning friends, and a warm welcome to my newest follower Lindsay!

Today is the final update in Dawn's special challenge. As you may already know, Dawn launched her challenge at the beginning September to coincide with her Charity Headshave for Breakthrough Breast Cancer - you can read the full story on Dawn's blog and also use the link from there to get to Dawn's Just Giving Page where you can make a donation. Every £1/$1 would help boost Dawn's target and help Breakthrough Breast Cancer as they fight to find a cure for this awful disease.


The theme for Dawn's challenge is Breast Cancer Awareness and/or Think PINK
(not just a little bit of pink but a lot of pink!).


And yes, there are some awesome prizes on offer. Just check this list out!

Joanna Sheen - Goody Bag



Saturated Canary - $40 Gift Voucher






Mo's Digital Pencil - $5 shop credits x2



Dude Time Doodles - $10 Gift Certificate for the store



Crafty Emblies - £10 Voucher for their shop



Fairy Dust Crafts - 5 digital images from the Online Store



Funky Hand - 1 download from the shop


Iva Nova Chest - Pink Goody Bag



Linda Westcott - Hand Made Crochet Flowers, Lace Edging & Fimo Flowers

Lindy's maid wid luv, cardmaking
Here is my second GDT card to support Dawn's challenge.


My card recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - a pre-made A5 Kraft card
  • Design Papers - both from my Strawberry Kisses CD-Rom and colour tweaked using the colouriser function. I used the heart shape embossing plate inbuilt into my Ultimate Pro to shape the 2 hearts, which I then cut out and stuck to my main DP.
  • Image - Breast Cancer Ribbon is by Debbie (Crafty Pad Designs) and was one of the freebies she gave away on The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog earlier this month. I used my Spectrum Noir Pens in BP1 and BP2 to colour the ribbon and outlined it in BG1.
  • Sentiment - is just one of the talented Lexi's (Fairy Dust Crafts) creations - click the link to head over to Lexi's store and have a look at the other lovely digi images she has there! I thought it was perfect to go with my embossed hearts!!! I tool distressed this (using a dressmaking seam ripper tool!) and colour distressed the edges using Magenta chalk.
  • Gems - from my stash

Please hop over to Dawn's blog and see what gorgeous creations the other Guest Designers have made to whet your appetite - don't forget to come back and show us your Breast Cancer Awareness and/or Pink creations. The challenge finishes on Saturday 29th September. And if you can help with a donation, however small, it will be very gratefully received.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Hope you have a great week!

Hugs, Helen x

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Helen, wonderful detail.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Helen - great that you've supported Dawn! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Helen, love the FDC sentiment and your beautiful design!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for a great cause. Thanks for playing with us @ AnnaBelle Stamps:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, so sorry, I thought I had commented on your lovely card already!
    Thanks so much for your help & support with my BCA/Think Pink Challenge!
    Good Luck in your challenges sweetie!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x