Good morning my crafty friends, and a very warm welcome to my newest follower Tilly - hope you enjoy my creations!
Now I'm a little too young to remember "Listen with Mother" but I love books and I'm a voracious reader. Our recent 2 weeks in Turkey saw me not only finish the 4 books I had taken with me but I also read a further 3 from the bookshelf at the villa!So I was thrilled to read the new challenge topic at Incy Wincy Designs this week ... Make a Bookmark.
We are sponsored this week by Heather Ellis who has kindly supplied the DT with some of her wonderful images to showcase. Our lucky winner this week will also receive 3 of Heather's gorgeous images, and I challenge anyone to not be tempted by the delightful images that Heather has drawn. Thank you Heather!
I had initially thought I would make a bookmark for myself, but as soon as I saw the image selection, I knew exactly how my project was going to look and here it is:
- Base Card - is a scrap piece of Centura Pearl in Snow White which was already 6cm wide, and I cut it to 18cm in length
- Design Paper - is homemade! Onto plain white card I drew a 17cm x 5cm rectangle and gave it a thick dark blue outline to give the impression of layers - obviously a bookmark should be quite thin so as not to damage the spine of the books it goes into. I then inserted this beautiful fairytale castle digi by Paulette from Create with TLC. This was, I think, one of the Father's Day freebies on her blog in May but it suits this bookmark perfectly! If you "supersize" the photo, you can make out some 'Once Upon a Time' text in the tallest turret.
- Image - This little cutie is called Pure Innocence 003 and you can get your copy from Heather Ellis by clicking here. I have brought her and her balloon to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Skin - FS2, FS3
- Hair - GB8, GB10, Silver Gel Pen (for hair slide)
- Pinafore - DR5, DR7, True Black, Silver Gel Pen (for heart)
- Shoes - EB5
- Balloon - DR3
- Outline - BG1
- Sky - Chalks in Light Blue and Turquoise
- Grass - Chalks in Dark Green and Green
- Sentiments - are computer generated and I used a preset cloud shape in my word processing programme to insert the clouds onto my "DP" can then used text boxes to put the words into the clouds.
Head on over to Incy Wincy Designs and see the beautiful Bookmarks my talented team-mates have made, and then come back and share your creation with us! You've got until Sunday 16th September 2012 to link your cards up.
I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:
- Challenge 171 - Inspiration Photo (Castle) at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge
- 2 Colouring Mediums at Just Some Lines (Alcohol Markers and Chalk)
- Debut Challenge at Anything But A Card Challenge (Second Entry)
- Challenge #1 at Let's Create ... Anything But A Card (Second Entry)
- Challenge #180 - Anything But a Card at Stamptacular Sunday
Hugs, Helen x