Thursday 31 January 2019

Bathtime Bubbles

And ….. BOO!

Just in case there is anyone out there in Blogland who still follows my musings and wondered where I got to …..

It's the last day of January, and I can now reveal that I am rather hit and miss with my New Year Resolutions:
  • Use up supplies in stash - check & ongoing!
  • Blog cards on time - errrr 
  • Make cards earlier than the day before they are needed - errrrrrrrrrr .....
OK, so there is room for improvement!

Here is a card I made for our office to give one of our colleagues for her upcoming birthday. As we gave it to her today, I am now safe to blog it!



My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card Base - pre-made 15cm square in white card
  • Design Papers and Flowers - are from a beautiful kit called Unwind by Melo Vrijhof at Pixel Scrapper. I have put the layout of papers and flower elements together digitally, following this
    week's sketch at Sketch Saturday. I used Leaf Paper in Tan, Solid Lime Paper, and cropped a section of the Flower Scatter 01 before copying and flipping it to make the arc of elements as suggested by the sketch. I ensured a drop shadow is under the green strip and the flowers to give some depth to them.
  • Image - is the uber-cute Lazy Louise and Bathtime Bubble Friends by Lizzy Love at Oddball Art Co.. I have brought Louise to life with a alcohol markers in a mixture of Copics and Spectrum Noirs before finishing off the bubbles with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in Clear. I die cut the image using a Die'sire Create-a-Card die called Emma, now sadly retired/
  • Sentiment - is one of the freebies that came with Crafter's Inspiration Issue 18 Magazine and I have stamped it directly onto the green strip using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
  • Gems - from my stash, completed this creation.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Hope you're having a crafty week!

Hugs, Helen x

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your post pop up, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so so cuuttte love her face
    and your hair coloring is woow I love it
    cute Card with cute Image
    Many thanks for joining us this time at ATSM
    hugs
    Monika (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling!
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card with a cute image! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments. Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously coloured card and a wonderful layout! Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations again soon. Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x