Friday 15 February 2019

It must be Love ......

Good evening crafty friends and hope this post finds you well.

Half term is beckoning here on the south coast of the UK, and it's lovely to know there are no time pressures like having to rise with the alarm! That said, I've got a few "makes" to get sorted as there are a plethora of family birthdays next week, so maybe I do need to rise with the radio 😂





As it's the fifteenth of the month, it's time for our new challenge at All Dressed Up Challenges . As usual, our challenge is Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image. Not got any All Dressed Up images? Wendy has plenty of gorgeous images available in the All Dressed Up Etsy Store and has also very generously provided some freebies here - please send your friends over to ADU for the freebies though, to make sure they're available for other crafters to share!





Now, if you're in the UK you can hardly have failed to notice that yesterday was Valentine's Day! Papa Mia and I don't do anything to mark this special occasion other than exchange cards, and here's the Pop Up Box card I made for him:






As usual, there's a bit of a story with this - this time the photography. So, I rushed home from work to take a photo outside. First photo, bench in perfect focus but not the card 😕. Second photo - wall in perfect focus but not the card ðŸ˜ž. Third photo - other wall in perfect focus but not the card 😡. However, I didn't upload my photos until later in the evening so didn't realise that my photos were, basically, rubbish! Panic!!! Gatecrash teenagers room as she has the best electrical lights in order to take above photo, which still isn't perfect 😂



My card recipe is as follows:

  • Base card - is Snow White Centura Pearl which I have cut, scored and folded following this tutorial at SplitCoast Stampers, just having a slightly narrower tuck in flap to account for the sheet of A4 card
  • Black card - from my stash which I have embossed using a retired embossing folder called Falling Hearts
  • Image - is Love Heart by Wendy at All Dressed Up Digital Stamps. I have coloured this very simply using my Spectrum Noir Alochol Markers (sorry, I didn't make a note of which colours I used!) and a silver gel pen to pick out the word "you", before fussy cutting it out and adhering it to the back of the card
  • Hearts - are a variety of sizes from 2 different Crafter's Companion Advent Calendars which have been cut from Snow White Centura Pearl and then stuck onto narrow strips of clear acetate which have then been adhered inside the box so that the hearts wobble a bit!




I hope I have inspired you to head over to All Dressed Up Challenges and play along with this challenge. However if you're in need of further inspiration, please do head over there and check out the other gorgeous projects from my exceedingly talented teamies. Then come back and show us your Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image creations - this challenge will end on the evening of 14th March 2019 (UK time). 

For more chances to win some of Wendy's gorgeous images, don't forget that the Facebook Dressy Girls are hosting their own challenge of All You Need Is Love which runs until the end of February!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


That's it from me for today, but do standby next week as I might just pop up in your Blog feed with a non-DT project!

Enjoy your weekend!

Crafty Hugs,
Helen x

9 comments:

  1. So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday with this fabulous pop up card! Love the colouring on your heart! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful pop up box project. Thank you for joining us over at TRy it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love explosions boxes. Great heart embellishment. Thanks for joining us at ‘If you give a crafter a cookie’. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing pop up box project. Thank you very much for for joining us over at Try it on Tuesday.
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet pop up box! Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project !! Love everything about this !! Thank you so much for joining in at the IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE Challenge .. We hope that you will join us again !! Debra Davison / Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card design...thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS ,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card,Thank you for joining us at If you give a crafter a cookie, Love to see you again with your beautiful card. All the best for this challenge. DT ALka

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful box card - I'm sure it was much appreciated!! Love he design and the elements you used! Thanks so much for joining our Falling Hearts challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x