Wednesday 20 February 2019

Shoe Delight

Good afternoon crafty friends!

Hope you are well and that the weather is as sunny with you as it is here on the south coast of the UK; although that breeze is definitely on the nippy side! As promised last week, I have been creating projects as there are a couple of family Birthdays this week. Here is one of them:



My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card base - is a premade A5 base in white card
  • Design Papers - come from a set by Janet Scott at Pixel Scrapper called All The Princesses. I have used the Gold Paper (which I have embossed using a retired embossing folder called Ornate Fans) and the Green Paper
  • Image - is Heels Polka Dots by Jodie at Bugaboo Digi Stamps. I have brought this high heel to life using a combination of my Copic and Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers together with a slick of Clear Sparkle Pen over the bow and ribbon, before die cutting it with my largest Die'sire Essentials Ovals die. I left the cut in the die, and then sponged from the edge inwards using Scattered Straw Distress Ink.
  • Sentiment - comes from one of the Crafter's Companion Advent Calendars and I have die cut this from plain black cardstock, and again slicked my Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen over the letters to add some glitz to the card.
  • Gems - are from my stash

I have been inspired by and would like to enter the following challenges:
I would also like to enter this card into these challenges too:
  • Challenge #213 - Fancy Folds or Embossing at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge - I'm definitely going with embossing here thanks to this lovely, feminine fan embossing folder. I've used lightweight card and a digital paper and I like the way some of the card has distressed itself and got a white "edge" to it!
  • Favourite out of Birthdays or Christmas and Why at As You Like It Challenge - It's Birthdays all the way here at Casa Mia!!!! I only make special Christmas cards for Papa Mia and the Bambinos, and for the Mother in Law. Everyone in the family gets a handmade Birthday card as their Birthdays are spread throughout the year, and I'm just not organised enough to make Christmas cards all year round!
  • Challenge #329 - Clean and Simple at Addicted to Stamps and More
That's it from me for today - off to deliver this card to its recipient!

Have a good day.
Hugs, Helen x

11 comments:

  1. Darling card, great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun card! I like your embossed background and the green polka-dot heel (smile). Both are very festive. Thank you for sharing your work with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such a wonderful card, but sorry that you haven't really followed all the rules of the Seize the Birthday challenge. Please refer to them at the bottom of the page and join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry - my mistake! I will delete my entry from your link up.

      Delete
  4. What a fun card! I love the shoe image!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great embossing folder, works well with the shoe.Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Embossing or Fancy Folds" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool background for the shoe, great card! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's Bingo challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a whimsical image to pair with our challenge colors. Thanks for sharing your card at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great image and beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it with us at As You Like It, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background of this card is so delicate and the shoe is beautiful! Thank you for joining our CC&S challenge, Helen!

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x