Wowsers, it has been absolutely months since I last posted here ….. and quite a bit has happened in that time! I have still been creating, but not regularly as life kind of got in the way, plus my mojo has been on a very extended break.
But I'm back now, and so back I tried to post this yesterday afternoon instead of today 😂
With it being the 15th of the month, it's time for our new challenge at All Dressed Up Challenges . As usual, our challenge is Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image. Not got any All Dressed Up images? Wendy has plenty of gorgeous images available in the All Dressed Up Etsy Store and has also very generously provided some freebies here - please send your friends over to ADU for the freebies though, to make sure they're available for other crafters to share!
Since youngest Bambino turned 18 last autumn, her friends are (one by one) also celebrating their eighteenth birthdays. Last weekend was youngest's BFF's (best friend forever) 18th, and I know that she loves receiving my cards - apparently she still displays the card I made for her birthday last year! With it being her 18th, I felt I had to create something really special for her, and Wendy's Amore image met with youngest Bambino's approval ... and this card was born:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is made from Centura Pearl Snow White Silver which I have cut, scored and folded to make an A5 card base with the fold at the top of the card.
- Image - is the beautiful Amore, created by Wendy at All Dressed Up Digital Stamps; and this girl really is great value for money as she comes on her own (as here), holding a bunch of balloons (including the sentiment) and the bunch of balloons come on their own. I have brought this girlie to life using my Copic Pens (a mix of Ciao and Sketch), doing my best to follow some of my Kit and Clowder classes, before fussy cutting her out and attaching her to my card.
- Shaker Element - is made using this month's Balloon Die cover gift from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine. I have cut this from Red Centura Pearl card and some acetate, which were perfect for "sandwiching" the red, pink and silver "18 Confetti". I wrapped some twine from my stash around the base of the balloon, and led this back to Amore's hand.
- Sentiment - is a very simple Happy Birthday die cut from Silver Mirri card
Youngest Bambino was delighted with my project, and I understand that it was very well received by her BFF!
I hope that I have inspired you to play along with our challenge, but if you are in need of further inspiration please head over to the blog and check out the uber gorgeous creations by my talented teamies. Then come back and show us your creations which are Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image!
I would like to play along with the following challenges:
- Challenge #131 - Ladies or Girls at Crafty Friends
- Challenge #246 - Feminine + a Sentiment at Aud Sentiments
- Challenge #157 - Birthday (Including the Optional Twist of both Die Cutting and Fussy Cutting) at Time Out Challenges - I have used 2 different die cuts and also fussy cut my girlie out!
- Challenge #39 - Use Dies at Daisy Chain Challenges
- HLS March Anything Goes With Dies Challenge at Happy Little Stampers
- Challenge #49 For the Ladies/Girls at Pearly Sparkles Challenge Blog
- Challenge #36 - Die Cuts and/or Punches at SheepSki Designs Challenges
- Always Anything Goes at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge
In these uncertain times, I hope that you stay safe and healthy and if the country goes into "lockdown", have fun crafting!