Sunday 15 March 2020

Seeing Red .... and pink, and silver ;o)

Wowsers, it has been absolutely months since I last posted here ….. and quite a bit has happened in that time! I have still been creating, but not regularly as life kind of got in the way, plus my mojo has been on a very extended break. 

But I'm back now, and so back I tried to post this yesterday afternoon instead of today 😂


With it being the 15th of the month, it's time for our new challenge at All Dressed Up Challenges . As usual, our challenge is Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image. Not got any All Dressed Up images? Wendy has plenty of gorgeous images available in the All Dressed Up Etsy Store and has also very generously provided some freebies here - please send your friends over to ADU for the freebies though, to make sure they're available for other crafters to share!






Since youngest Bambino turned 18 last autumn, her friends are (one by one) also celebrating their eighteenth birthdays. Last weekend was youngest's BFF's (best friend forever) 18th, and I know that she loves receiving my cards - apparently she still displays the card I made for her birthday last year! With it being her 18th, I felt I had to create something really special for her, and Wendy's Amore image met with youngest Bambino's approval ... and this card was born:





My card recipe is as follows:

  • Card base - is made from Centura Pearl Snow White Silver which I have cut, scored and folded to make an A5 card base with the fold at the top of the card.
  • Image - is the beautiful Amore, created by Wendy at All Dressed Up Digital Stamps; and this girl really is great value for money as she comes on her own (as here), holding a bunch of balloons (including the sentiment) and the bunch of balloons come on their own. I have brought this girlie to life using my Copic Pens (a mix of Ciao and Sketch), doing my best to follow some of my Kit and Clowder classes, before fussy cutting her out and attaching her to my card.
  • Shaker Element - is made using this month's Balloon Die cover gift from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine. I have cut this from Red Centura Pearl card and some acetate, which were perfect for "sandwiching" the red, pink and silver "18 Confetti". I wrapped some twine from my stash around the base of the balloon, and led this back to Amore's hand.
  • Sentiment - is a very simple Happy Birthday die cut from Silver Mirri card





Youngest Bambino was delighted with my project, and I understand that it was very well received by her BFF!

I hope that I have inspired you to play along with our challenge, but if you are in need of further inspiration please head over to the blog and check out the uber gorgeous creations by my talented teamies. Then come back and show us your creations which are Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image!

I would like to play along with the following challenges:
In these uncertain times, I hope that you stay safe and healthy and if the country goes into "lockdown", have fun crafting!

Helen x

12 comments:

  1. she looks adorable-fab colouring and so cute to make a shaker. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into shakers, but this card is so gorgeous! Love that image and how you made a shaker of the balloon! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and design Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
    Best Wishes Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeously girly and a great idea for the shaker element!

    Thanks for playing along with our feminine challenge at Aud sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous birthday card, and I really love how you turned your balloon into a shaker. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever design.
    This is just so beautiful. Nice work here.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card!! The shaker balloon is FANTASTIC!Thanks for joining us at SheepSki Designs challenge blog! I hope you'll join us again!
    Melissa
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello… Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely shaker card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw!
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great design, Helen! What's not to love with a shaker element and then that sweet little image! I'm sure your daughter's friend with love it! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS - Dies Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "ladies and/or girls” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Daisy Chain Challenges this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable shaker card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x