Good afternoon Crafty Friends!
I hope this post finds you and yours keeping well and safe. Here at Casa Mia we are coping well with the "Lockdown" situation that the UK has found itself in since 23rd March. I have been working 2 days a week in the office (with proper social distancing) and my remaining 2 workdays have been spent at my new desk, the dining table at home! We are also enjoying some great family time in our allocated exercise slot each day and have had fun exploring our village and spotting rainbows that residents have put up in their windows.
With it being the 15th of the month, it's time for our new challenge at All Dressed Up Challenges . As usual, our challenge is Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image. Not got any All Dressed Up images? Wendy has plenty of gorgeous images available in the All Dressed Up Etsy Store and has also very generously provided some freebies here - please send your friends over to ADU for the freebies though, to make sure they're available for other crafters to share!
It was my Mother-in-Law's Birthday yesterday, so what better reason to colour up one of Wendy's gorgeous images. I had a bit of a challenge making this card, as Papa Mia is working from home and has set up his work zone in my craft space (a.k.a. our study). So I'm stuck as to what crafty bits I can actually get to, in order to create. So, I am not especially happy with the layout of this card but I am super pleased with the colouring.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is a pre-made A5 card base in white card which I have embossed with a geometric circles embossing folder. I then swiped a pad dabbed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the embossing to give a bit more detail.
- Image is the beautiful Hanging Basket by Wendy Burns, the artist behind All Dressed Up Digital Stamps. I have brought this image to life using my Copic Alcohol Markers and following one of my Kit and Clowder Monthly Bonus classes (the Vintage Bicycle Class from February 2019) before cutting the image out with my largest Sizzix Framelits Oval Die. Alyce (the art guru behind K&C) always says you can apply the techniques from the classes to any image, not just the one that the class is set on ... well, this just proves her point. And if you haven't tried any of Alyce's classes why not try now, whilst we are in these strange times - mention my name and Alyce will reduce the price of your class by $5AUS!
So, that's my very simple card for you today. However, if you head over to the All Dressed Up Challenges Blog you will be able to see the stunning inspiration from my very talented teamies. And don't forget to then come back an show us your creations - it's always Anything Goes with an All Dressed Image, for your chance to win some of Wendy's images. Our lucky winner is picked at random, and our Dressy Girls choose their Top 3.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #180 - Use a Die at CAS on Friday
- Challenge #506 - Anything Goes with Optional Twist - Outdoors at Crafty Catz Challenge
- Challenge #160 - Use Flowers at Simply Create Too Challenge
- May Challenge 118 - Flowers at Moving Along With The Times
- May 2020 Challenge - Create a Custom Background, Do Not Use Designer Papers at A Place to Start
- May Challenge - Say It With Flowers at Stamping Sensations
- Challenge #27 - Flower Power at Digi Doodle Studios Challenge
- HLS May - Anything Goes with Dies Challenge at Happy Little Stampers
- Challenge 135 - Flowers at Crafty Friends Challenge
I hope that you and your families stay safe during these difficult times and, if your family has been unfortunate to suffer from Covid-19 then my thought are with you.