Morning friends! How are you are today? We had a simply gorgeous weekend here and yesterday was wall to wall sunshine with not a cloud in the sky. Hope you had a great weekend too!
It's new challenge day at Incy Wincy Designs and this week we're looking for your Monochromatic creations. Skin tones are OK, but otherwise your creations should be tones of one colour!
This challenge is being sponsored by Rick St. Dennis and this week's lucky winner will receive some Digital Stamps from his store. Pop over and take a look at all the fun and quirky stamps he has, which are beautifully drawn which makes them a breeze to colour! You can also read all about Rick here.
Rick kindly supplied each DT member with her choice of image to use for this challenge, and here is my card for you:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is made from Centura Pearl in Teal which I have cut, scored (using my Ultimate Pro and Boxer Scoreboard) and folded to make a 14 x 16.5cm Centre Step card. I then embossed the card base using my Embossalicious Petite Dot 6" x 6" Folder, sadly no longer available from Crafter's Companion.
- Design Paper - is a blog freebie from Paulette at Create with TLC which I think I got in April last year. I die cut this using my largest Framelits Fancy Labels die.
- Image - this gorgeous songstress is called Chanteuse 2 JaZz BaBY and she has been beautifully Rick St. Dennis. Rick's shading on the drawing made it very easy to bring this cabaret star to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before die cutting it with my second largest Framelits Fancy Labels die:
- Hair - IG2, IG4, IG2
- Skin - TN2, TN3, TN4 (this is the first time I've tried a darker skin - how did I do?)
- Jewellery - BT5, Silver Gel Pen
- Gloves - BT2, BT5
- Dress - BT2, BT5, BT6, BT9
- Shoes - BT6, True Black, Silver Gel Pen
- Microphone - True Black, Silver Gel Pen
- Shadow - IG2
- Sentiment - is another freebie by Paulette at Create with TLC from May last year. I hand cut the banner shape before mounting the image on my card.
- Pearls - from my stash and coloured using my Spectrum Noir Pens in BT4
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (with some help from the girls at Paper Playful):
- March Challenge - Monochromatic at Crafter's Companion
- March Challenge - Let's Emboss It at Die Cut Divas
- Challenge #20 - Emboss It at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge
- Challenge #210 - Shaped Cards at Totally Papercrafts
- PWC301 - Birthday Cards at Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs, Helen x