This is my second post of the day - please scroll down to see my first post
I'm back with this fortnight's challenge at Lexi's Creations. This time we'd like to see your creations featuring your Punches and Dies. Don't forget that we are a multi-craft blog so your project doesn't just have to be a card!
For this challenge our sponsor is our very own Lexi from Fairy Dust Crafts who will be letting our lucky winner choose 5 digital images from her store. Fairy Dust Crafts is "Your one stop shop for Lexi's Digi images and a growing choice of delicious crafting goodies. Here you can find all Lexi's Creations digital images...also available as clear rubber stamps plus other crafting goodies in store now!" With a sale on too, why not head over and treat yourself?
The lovely Lexi has also let us have pick of Fairy Dust Crafts once again, and here is my card featuring one of her gorgeous digis:
Like a number of my projects here at Casa Mia, there's a story behind this card. Late last year I saw this beautiful card by Beccy at Beccy's Place. Coincidentally, around the same time, Split Coast Stampers featured this tutorial to make glowing lights. Sooooooo I've case-d Beccy's card (by peeking through the window) and used the tutorial to make this card!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is a sheet of matt black card stock into which I've die cut a square using my second largest Framelits Scalloped Square Die.
- Window Frame - was made from Centura Pearl in Snow White from which I die cut a square using my largest Framelits Scalloped Square Die. I then used one of smaller dies from the same set to make the individual "panes" before giving the edges of the panes a coating of glue and dusting of White Glitter to give snowy effect.
- Punches - are snowflakes punched from Snow White Centura Pearl in 2 sizes. I bent the fronds upwards to give them some dimension.
- Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC and this was a blog freebie in December last year. It
- Image - this stylised tree is called Funky Christmas Tree and it comes from the pen of Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts. I've made this tree glow very simply by using a White Gel Pen to highlight the "baubles" and "lights" on the tree, and then gave these areas a dusting of Craf-T Chalk in Magenta and Turquoise. I die cut this using my second largest Framelits Scalloped Square Die and mounted it inside the card, directly behind the window aperture.
So, this is my rather modern take on a Christmas Card ... do you like it?
Do come over to Lexi's Creations and what my fellow teamies have made, and then come back and share your projects featuring your Punches and Dies with us. This challenge will close on Saturday 29th March 2014.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (with some help from the girls at Paper Playful):
- March Challenge at Chalk N Stock
- Challenge #3 - Anything Goes at Completely Christmas
- Challenge #185 Trees at 4 Crafty Chicks
- Challenge #131 - Take a Peek (window/opening cards ) at Art Impressions
- Challenge #250 - Christmas at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge
Hope you have a great day!
Hugs, Helen x