Morning friends! How are you are today? I'm running a little late with this post (think the sun at the weekend must have gone to my head!) .... but I'm here now and there's still plenty of time to play with us! I'd like to warmly welcome Gloria who is my newest follower and is joining us on the madcap journey through my crafting; hope you get some inspiration from my creations.
Anyway, Monday saw the launch of this week's challenge at Incy Wincy Designs and this one should be fun. We're looking for you to link up your creations that are Black and White, plus One other Colour. Skin tones or a little grey for shading are OK, but that's it!
This challenge is being sponsored by the lovely Jodie at Bugaboo Stamps who is offering this week's lucky prize winner their choice of 7 digital stamps from her store. And even if you're not our lucky winner, don't forget that Jodie has a Friday Freebie available at her store.
Jodie has also kindly supplied the DT each with their choice of image to use for this challenge, and here is my card for you:
I don't think I've ever used orange on a card before ... don't know why not because I really like it!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is made from Centura Pearl in Snow White Silver which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm card.
- Design Papers - come from a kit called Dreamsicle by Summer at Summertime Designs. I've used White and Black Paisley for the bottom layer, with Orange Dots on the left hand side and Dots Paper on the right hand side.
- Image - this very girly shoe is called Heels - Polka Dot and it comes from the pen of Jodie at Bugaboo Stamps. I flipped the image before printing it and then brought it life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours and fussy cut it:
- Polka Dots, Shoe Lining, Bow and Ribbon - OR1, OR2, OR3
- Heel - Silver Gel Pen
- Outline - BT1 (OK so I cheated just a little bit here in using a pale turquoise instead of pale grey for this!)
- Sentiment - is a freebie by my lovely blogging friend Annette. If you head over there, please be sure to tell her that you came from my blog.
- Lace - from my stash (originally from a local haberdashery store) and is nearly 2 years old!
- Gems - from my stash (originally from a French Hypermarket) and are nearly 3 years old!
I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and look at the other wonderful creations by my teamies. Don't forget to then come back and show us your projects featuring Black and White, plus One other Colour - this challenge will end on Sunday 16th March 2014.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- First Challenge - Make it Girly at Hobbybook Designer Challenge
- Challenge #27 - Girlz Rule at Creative Knockouts
- Bingo at Papertake Weekly - I'm claiming the diagonal from top right to bottom left of Gems, Free, Lace
- Challenge #134 at Sketch 'n' Stash - the stash I've used are the gems (nearly 3 years old!), Lace (nearly 2 years old) and DPs (downloaded nearly 2 years ago and never used ......!)
Hope you have a great week - I'm off to choose some images following a candy win last week at Crafting Vicky's blog!
Hugs, Helen x