Anyway, we've got another new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs and this week we're going all girly as your creations need to feature Ribbons, Lace and Pearls.
We have 2 amazing sponsors this week which means we are able to offer a great prize to 2 lucky winners!
Our first sponsor is the lovely team at The Paper Shelter who are kindly offering our first lucky winner a $20 Gift Certificate to their store. Don't forget that with every image you buy from The Paper Shelter you don't
just get the black and white line drawing; you get a coloured image, Design Paper, and a complete composition for when you really need that card in a hurry - OK, we all know we sometimes have those times!!!!! Normally for me at 8am when my girls remember it's so-and-so's birthday today - can you make a card Mum? :o)
Our second sponsor is a new one for Incy Wincy and it's Wendy from All Dressed Up. Wendy is offering our second lucky winner 2 digital images from her store. Here's a little bit about Wendy:
Hi I am Wendy Burns I live in Nottingham UK with my husband and two children who have been the inspiration behind the characters, in particular my daughter who has kept me up-to-date with blogging and trends. I work predominantly within the textile children’s wear market, fashion and interiors.
I trained as a textile designer and although my work is digital based, I love to retain that hand drawn /sewn feel which I hope comes across in my artwork.
Digital stamps is a new challenge for me and the opportunity to work with the All Dressed Up Team and has been very exciting, in particular the creative way my characters have been given individual personalities by the designers .
All Dressed Up is a newly launched blog with an enthusiastic team who are passionate about stamping. The coordinators Marilyn and Tracy along with an amazing design team are also known as The Dressy Girls.
We have a friendly Facebook page, regular blog posts, tutorials, challenges and freebies .The stamps can be purchased from the Etsy shop which is updated on a monthly basis.
We really are friendly bunch and would love to see your creations so please feel free to contact us and visit the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog.
The DT have been really lucky as both our sponsors have very kindly supplied us with images to use for our inspiration projects for this challenge. I have used an All Dressed Up image for my card which I made for one of my dear friends who celebrates her birthday next week - I think I'm safe in posting this now 'cos I don't think she peeks at my blog!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is Centura Pearl in Snow White Silver which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Design Paper - is by Marisa Lerin at Pixel Scrapper Digital Scrapbooking and it is called Polka Dots 21 Paper Pink (from her Vietnam Papers Kit #3. The colours in it resemble the small girls I see running around in their leotards and tutus, getting ready for a ballet class in the community facilities at work! As usual, I digitally sized this paper in my word processing programme before putting a raspberry coloured border round it to give a faux mat layer.
- Image - this dancing diva is called Love to Dance and she comes from the pen of Wendy all All Dressed Up. This girl also comes with a lovely polka dot heart and her own sentiment, neither of which I've used on this card. I brought her to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours Framelits Oval Die:
- Hair - TN6, TN7, TN8
- Skin - FS2, FS3, CR4
- Leotard & Leggings - DR6, DR7
- Wrap & Tutu - PP5, PP6
- Trousers - DR5, DR6, DR7
- Ballet Shoes - Already printed in Black
- Outline - PP1
- Background - Craf-T Chalk in Pink
- Edge Distressing - DR6, Colourless Blender
- Sentiment - is a freebie by my lovely blogging friend Annette, and I have to confess this is one of my faves (I know I only used it a couple of weeks ago!). I recoloured this to a similar raspberry shade as my faux mat using my word processing programme before adding a couple of pearls from my stash to it.
- Ribbon - is pale pink sheer organza in 2 widths which I think came from a local haberdashery store. The wider ribbon is layered both ways in an offset cross shape and I have also used it to make a bow under the lace flower. The narrow ribbon runs under the cross of wider ribbon and through both the lace flower and button before being tied in a bow.
- Lace - is from the same haberdashery store and I have sewn running stitch along a length of it and then gathered it into a flower shape. I was busy making this whilst waiting for youngest to get changed after her swimming class at the weekend when a lady came up to me and said that she'd been watching me make it and how intricate and delicate it was! Yet they really are soooooo simple to make :o)
- Metal Button - was rescued (sorry, I mean recycled!) from a lovely pair of trousers that my eldest grew out of and it's been sitting in my crafty stash, just waiting to be used!
So that's my card featuring Ribbons, Lace and Pearls - I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and take a peek at the other gorgeous creations by my very talented team-mates, before you share your creations with us! This challenge will end on Sunday 30th March 2014.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #11 - Use a Button at All Dressed Up
- Metal or Faux Metal at Top Tip Tuesday
- Challenge 169 - Buttons and Bows at Penny's Paper-Crafty
- March Challenge at Chalk N Stock (Second Entry)
Hope you have a good week!
Hugs, Helen x