Wednesday 19 March 2014

Cupcake for One!

Hello friends and I hope you haven't fallen off your chair with the shock of a mid-week post from me! Having been for a swim yesterday morning, it's off to the gym this morning for a yoga based studio class ... via the coffee shop first to catch up with a girlfriend! How's your week going so far! I would like to warmly welcome Bridie who is my newest follower - thanks for joining the rest of us on my crafting journey and I hope you enjoy it!


I had a play around with my blog yesterday and changed the design of it ... what do you think? Although I loved my old blog layout, especially the colours and font, it wasn't quite the same when the creator took all the flower decorations off-line. I know she has to make her money for designing blog layouts, but I couldn't justify upgrading to pay for my layout! So my blog will be like this for a bit, although it may take me a while to get used to it as it is quite different :o)


Today I thought I'd share the card I made for Papa Mia's recent Birthday:



My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card Base - is Centura Pearl in Ivory which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card base
  • Design Papers - are from a set by Summer at Summertime Designs called Freedom ain't Free. Although this is an American 4th July themed kit, it still works as a "Blokey" kit. I have used the Blue Plaid Paper and Pendant Paper which I digitally sized in my word processing programme before putting a dark blue border round them to give a faux mat layer, and Red Paisley Paper which I die cut using my largest Framelits Scalloped Square Die.
  • Image - this rotund and rushing chef is called Special Delivery and he was created by either Joy or Judy at the now sadly closed Digi Doodle Shop. I was lucky enough to win a Candy Prize of a gift voucher for their store from Dawn (a former teamie at The Crafty Pad) in 2012. This was one of the images I chose and he's been sat on my hard drive for nearly 18 months - shame on me for not having
    used him before!! I brought this chap to life with my 
    Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before die cutting it with my second largest Framelits Scalloped Square Die:
    • Hair - EB3, EB4, EB5
    • Skin - FS2, FS3, FS6
    • Apron, Neckerchief and Hat - TB3, TB4, Colourless Blender
    • Shirt - EB1, EB2
    • Trousers - DR5, DR6, DR7
    • Shoes - IG4, IG9, True Black
    • Cupcake - EB2, EB3, EB4, OR1, Colourless Blender
    • Platter - Gold Gel Pen
    • Outline - TB1
  • Sentiment - is by Debbie at The Crafty Pad Designs (available at Card Making Downloads) and it comes from the Happy Birthday Sentiments set. I've added a slick of Spectrum Noir Pen TB1 inside the flourish, just to tie the sentiment in with the image.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
  • Boys Stuff at Digi Choosday
  • Challenge #3 - Celebration (Kool and the Gang) at A Song in Your He{art}
  • Challenge #87 - Make Your Mark at Addicted To Stamps
  • Challenge #4 - It's Birthday Time at A Random Fan - sorry ladies but Google/Blogger won't let me sign in to follow your blog. I think this might be a "them" problem rather than me or you as I've seen comments from other crafters who have the same problem. 
  • Bunting at An Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - I think everything about this card is old ... card stock nearly 3 years old, DPs and sentiment both 18 months old as is the digi and this is the first time I've used it (embarrassed face!!!!!) 

I hope the rest of the week is good for you and yours!

Hugs, Helen x

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen love the image and fab papers, your blog looks good to me.
    Thank you for your lovely comment.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great new look Helen - sounds like a great day in store - I've done my run - and got organised for my rainbows - now its time to do some cleaning - so I'm on the computer!!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card and great colouring! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. Love the image and the banner paper. Thanks for joining us at A Song in Your He{ART}.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, and love the new look too.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card Thanks for joining the challenge at http://www.digichoosday .blogspot.co.uk/
    hugs and good luck Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute card thank you for joining the challenge at a song in your heart. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so much fun. I love the Digi Doodle Shop digis and miss that shop as well. Love the design with the layers and sentiment. Thanks for playing at A Random Fan and good luck, Hope to see you back next week for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at A Random Fan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us at A Song In Your HeART :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card Helen, I love your brilliant image and masculine papers.
    I hope you are keeping well, thank you for popping over and visiting my blog.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday for our Male/boys challenge. Take care Zo xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That image is so fun :) I like the way u colored it , thank you for sharing with ATSM !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, I am sure every party going is dashing for the lonesome cupcake. Love your design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this is totally awesome. Love the layout you have done!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at A Song in your He{art}. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x