Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Cupcake for One!

Hello friends and I hope you haven't fallen off your chair with the shock of a mid-week post from me! Having been for a swim yesterday morning, it's off to the gym this morning for a yoga based studio class ... via the coffee shop first to catch up with a girlfriend! How's your week going so far! I would like to warmly welcome Bridie who is my newest follower - thanks for joining the rest of us on my crafting journey and I hope you enjoy it!


I had a play around with my blog yesterday and changed the design of it ... what do you think? Although I loved my old blog layout, especially the colours and font, it wasn't quite the same when the creator took all the flower decorations off-line. I know she has to make her money for designing blog layouts, but I couldn't justify upgrading to pay for my layout! So my blog will be like this for a bit, although it may take me a while to get used to it as it is quite different :o)


Today I thought I'd share the card I made for Papa Mia's recent Birthday:



My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card Base - is Centura Pearl in Ivory which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card base
  • Design Papers - are from a set by Summer at Summertime Designs called Freedom ain't Free. Although this is an American 4th July themed kit, it still works as a "Blokey" kit. I have used the Blue Plaid Paper and Pendant Paper which I digitally sized in my word processing programme before putting a dark blue border round them to give a faux mat layer, and Red Paisley Paper which I die cut using my largest Framelits Scalloped Square Die.
  • Image - this rotund and rushing chef is called Special Delivery and he was created by either Joy or Judy at the now sadly closed Digi Doodle Shop. I was lucky enough to win a Candy Prize of a gift voucher for their store from Dawn (a former teamie at The Crafty Pad) in 2012. This was one of the images I chose and he's been sat on my hard drive for nearly 18 months - shame on me for not having
    used him before!! I brought this chap to life with my 
    Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before die cutting it with my second largest Framelits Scalloped Square Die:
    • Hair - EB3, EB4, EB5
    • Skin - FS2, FS3, FS6
    • Apron, Neckerchief and Hat - TB3, TB4, Colourless Blender
    • Shirt - EB1, EB2
    • Trousers - DR5, DR6, DR7
    • Shoes - IG4, IG9, True Black
    • Cupcake - EB2, EB3, EB4, OR1, Colourless Blender
    • Platter - Gold Gel Pen
    • Outline - TB1
  • Sentiment - is by Debbie at The Crafty Pad Designs (available at Card Making Downloads) and it comes from the Happy Birthday Sentiments set. I've added a slick of Spectrum Noir Pen TB1 inside the flourish, just to tie the sentiment in with the image.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
  • Boys Stuff at Digi Choosday
  • Challenge #3 - Celebration (Kool and the Gang) at A Song in Your He{art}
  • Challenge #87 - Make Your Mark at Addicted To Stamps
  • Challenge #4 - It's Birthday Time at A Random Fan - sorry ladies but Google/Blogger won't let me sign in to follow your blog. I think this might be a "them" problem rather than me or you as I've seen comments from other crafters who have the same problem. 
  • Bunting at An Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - I think everything about this card is old ... card stock nearly 3 years old, DPs and sentiment both 18 months old as is the digi and this is the first time I've used it (embarrassed face!!!!!) 

I hope the rest of the week is good for you and yours!

Hugs, Helen x

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen love the image and fab papers, your blog looks good to me.
    Thank you for your lovely comment.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card.Thanks for joining our Boys Stuff challenge at http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/
    Anjie

    ReplyDelete
  3. great new look Helen - sounds like a great day in store - I've done my run - and got organised for my rainbows - now its time to do some cleaning - so I'm on the computer!!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card and great colouring! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Love the image and the banner paper. Thanks for joining us at A Song in Your He{ART}.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, and love the new look too.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card Thanks for joining the challenge at http://www.digichoosday .blogspot.co.uk/
    hugs and good luck Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. really cute card thank you for joining the challenge at a song in your heart. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so much fun. I love the Digi Doodle Shop digis and miss that shop as well. Love the design with the layers and sentiment. Thanks for playing at A Random Fan and good luck, Hope to see you back next week for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at A Random Fan xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us at A Song In Your HeART :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous card Helen, I love your brilliant image and masculine papers.
    I hope you are keeping well, thank you for popping over and visiting my blog.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday for our Male/boys challenge. Take care Zo xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That image is so fun :) I like the way u colored it , thank you for sharing with ATSM !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol, I am sure every party going is dashing for the lonesome cupcake. Love your design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this is totally awesome. Love the layout you have done!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at A Song in your He{art}. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!
Helen x