Monday 15 June 2020

B is for ....

Blue, Bear … oh and a new Baby!

Good evening crafty friends and welcome to the latest post from Casa Mia. I hope that you are keeping safe and well …




With it being the 15th of the month, it's time for our new challenge at All Dressed Up Challenges . As usual, our challenge is Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image. Not got any All Dressed Up images? Wendy has plenty of gorgeous images available in the All Dressed Up Etsy Store and has also very generously provided some freebies here - please send your friends over to ADU for the freebies though, to make sure they're available for other crafters to share!




Fortunately, Papa Mia returned to his normal workplace (with social distancing in place) at the beginning of this month and, although I'm still working from home 2 days each week, I am at least able to access my crafty stash and my day off can be spent how I want 😉 ! So here is my latest creation, made for a one of my work colleagues who will be leaving our team soon to start her Maternity Leave before she welcomes a little blue bundle of joy to her family!





My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card base - is a pre-made 6 inch square white card blank
  • Design Papers - all come from a Collab Kit at Pixel Scrapper Digital Scrapbooking called Oh Baby, Baby and there is so much in this bundle I was seriously spoilt for choice! I eventually chose a selection by Sheila Reid and used Solid Blue Paper as my background onto which I digitally placed Colourful Stars Paper and I included a dropped shadow on this layer, just to add some depth. I then used Stitches Border to add some faux stitching and a little additional detail.
  • Image - is by the incredibly talented Wendy Burns at All Dressed Up Digital Stamps and is called Love my Teddy. These toys do come with their own sentiment but unfortunately my largest circle die wasn't big enough to include it. I used some extra Solid Blue Paper and used a craft knife to cut around the outside edge of the die to give a bit of border. I coloured the image using my (rather limited selection of) Copic Alcohol Markers.
  • Sentiment - is from a Mixed Circular Sentiment Set (this is the link to the current digi set, but mine is a clear stamp - I've had a little while!) by Lisa at Lili of the Valley (LotV) which I stamped using Black Memento Ink, before using one of my smaller circle dies to cut it out. again, I used a craft knife around the edge of this die and some extra Solid Blue Paper to give a border to the sentiment.
  • Silver Gems - are from my stash.

I hope that I have inspired you to come along to All Dressed Up Challenges and join in with this challenge. But if you're in need of further inspiration, please head over to the blog and check out the gorgeous creations by my very talented teamies. Don't forget to then come back and show us your creations which must be Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image. Our challenge ends on the evening of 14th June, UK time.

I have been inspired by and would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Hope you have a good and crafty week!
Hugs, Helen x

6 comments:

  1. Awww . . . this is so sweet!! Such an adorable image and a great sentiment to go along with it! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Helen, your B for Bear is so so cute. This is a wonderful image just so sweet. Loved your sentiments so much I had to buy them myself so thank you. Very pretty design paper as well it works perfectly. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such sweet image and a lovely card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
    Anne SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious image on this beautiful card! Your friend will love this I am sure! Thanks for playing with us at Ike's World Challenges this month! Nan, DT for Ike's World Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colouring and a super cute card :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful baby card love the cute image and pretty P.paper.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and sorry for the late comment
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x